Knocking Sound After Seafoaming - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Knocking Sound After Seafoaming

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #61
xtremzj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbozcs2003 View Post
To the OP, you should tell the dealer you have a knock, that you dumped magic in a can thru the PB booster line and ask them their opinion.

I would guess they will listen and if they think you damaged the engine, they will do a compression or leak down test. They can give you the results, If they think it is the Purge solenoid or leak exhaust manifold they will probably tell you.

I wrench most of my own stuff but know a couple techs at local CDJ store, they dont work flat rate, but they are honest and work damn hard for their money, I wouldnt want to work on most of the crap that comes into their store. people mostly just ruin their cars because they dont do squat for preventative maintenance.

XtremZJ

I see your in NH, what store you work at, I am in Maine.

Why dont you start a thread and tell us some of the horror stories of idiot customers, it would be entertaining reading. other techs could chime in. I know some on these forums think every dealer is out to steal the money.
The reality is, if you dont want to do the work yourself, you pay.
Haha I might do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockracer View Post
First you said that there is no pay increase with how much work is performed, in lamen terms. Showed you with a link.
I didn't click link. Again you cant have a pay increase, Chrysler will back flag it
Then how much man hours to perform a certain tsb, showed you a picture.
which was wrong you said it was x amount of hours and it wasn't.
Then saying it is a service sales rep to say what services are needed when it was infact written down on the so called MPI sheet by the tech performing the service.again the tech writes down what it needs for mileage, the service writer sells it

Luckily they were called out on these and couldn't back it. The thing that gets me is how often this is pulled off on people that are unknowing and obvious to when and what needs to be done. The dealer I was referring to was reported to a local news station and was cought trying to scam once again as well as 8 other dealers and service centers. I will continue to report place like this.
I wanna see this link of the news.

Again I wanna know how you think the services labor dollar amount works and how other shops do it different. You keep avoiding this question.

QuirkWorks Sponsored #44 subaru rally car
CHRYSLER CERTIFIED MASTER TECH. PM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
xtremzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #62
Turbozcs2003
2002 WJ 

How did you rip off the customer?

Tough to pull the wool over the eyes of an educated customer? Too much info available on pricing, rebates, cash on the hood etc. I wouldnt want to be a salesman either, probably tough to scratch out a living.

Quote:
And that is why I quit, I can not live knowing that I rip people off to live, I guess some people can sleep at night knowing they do.
Turbozcs2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #63
xtremzj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJlover View Post
when i worked as a salesmen for a short time, the general manager himself told me, they dont care if the customer leaves happy with the car they want, its about money.

some dealerships are out to take your money
salesmen is a different animal. With some places I have worked, I don't know how they sleep at night.
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #64
shockracer
14,000' WJ

2001 WJ 

Quote:

i got fired, because i didnt learn how to rip people off fast enough. i was honest and polite with my customers, and management didnt like it.

but the fact remains, some dealerships rob, some dont.
some mechanics rob, some dont.
some customers lie, some dont
Well said!
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #65
WJlover
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremzj View Post
salesmen is a different animal. With some places I have worked, I don't know how they sleep at night.
techs can be just as horrible. i mean, look at it this way.
you live like **** because your poor, and get paid an hour for every job you complete.
if you know you can take a few shortcuts and get away with a few lies to complete 3 jobs in an hour....
alot of guys are going to do that.
some are too honest to do it, but alot of guys would take that extra cash.
WJlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #66
xtremzj
1998 ZJ 

its not shortcuts or lies. Its knowing the about the vehicle. A l27 recall pays .6 I can do it in .4

An alignment pays me 1.4
I can do a alignment on a jeep in .5

2 tie rods and a brake job with alignment? 4.4hrs
I can do it in I bet 1.5 if I don't have to wait for parts and all goes smooth.
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #67
WJlover
1999 WJ 

Quote:
its not shortcuts or lies. Its knowing the about the vehicle. A l27 recall pays .6 I can do it in .4

An alignment pays me 1.4
I can do a alignment on a jeep in .5

2 tie rods and a brake job with alignment? 4.4hrs
I can do it in I bet 1.5 if I don't have to wait for parts and all goes smooth.
your missing what im saying.
if someone can take 5 minutes off a job by not changing an oil filter, skip greasing anything, and skip torquing anything... they take a good couple minutes off a job and can then move on to another, and do the same thing to the next poor bastard.
how fair is that to the unsuspecting customer?

when i talk about getting away with lies, i men telling a customer somethign was performed when it wasnt.
and if a customer wants an oil change done with only 1,000 miles on the oil, and a dishonest tech knows this isnt necessary, he could take the job, sign off on it and not even touch the vehicle while he does another job.

my point is, if a dishonest tech knows he can cut a job time down in half by taking dishonest shortcuts, he stands to make much more money and the customer never knows.
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #68
xtremzj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
your missing what im saying.
if someone can take 5 minutes off a job by not changing an oil filter, skip greasing anything, and skip torquing anything... they take a good couple minutes off a job and can then move on to another, and do the same thing to the next poor bastard.
how fair is that to the unsuspecting customer?

when i talk about getting away with lies, i men telling a customer somethign was performed when it wasnt.
and if a customer wants an oil change done with only 1,000 miles on the oil, and a dishonest tech knows this isnt necessary, he could take the job, sign off on it and not even touch the vehicle while he does another job.

my point is, if a dishonest tech knows he can cut a job time down in half by taking dishonest shortcuts, he stands to make much more money and the customer never knows.
eh saving 5 minutes dosent do anything for you not to change an oil filter. I don't know who you talk to but skipping jobs altogether you never ever see. We have a team leader on each side of the shop who knows whats going on - on each job.
come on, keeping em coming.
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #69
WJlover
1999 WJ 

Quote:
eh saving 5 minutes dosent do anything for you not to change an oil filter. I don't know who you talk to but skipping jobs altogether you never ever see. We have a team leader on each side of the shop who knows whats going on - on each job.
come on, keeping em coming.
again, your defending YOURSELF.
think about places that do things differently...

5 minutes off skipping the oil filter, 5 minutes off skipping grease points, another 10 off skipping torquing lug nuts and any other bolts you touched, thats 20-30 minutes you just saved.
now imagine you have the same job right after. 2 jobs done within an hour.

im not sayign thius specific scenario happens, or is the most likely to happen, or the most efficient thing to do to get paid. what im saying, is techs CAN skip things (and not ONLY in dealerships, general shops as well) and get away with it, while lining their own pockets.
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #70
xtremzj
1998 ZJ 

I guess anything Is possible. lol
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #71
shockracer
14,000' WJ

2001 WJ 

Quote:

again, your defending YOURSELF.
think about places that do things differently...

5 minutes off skipping the oil filter, 5 minutes off skipping grease points, another 10 off skipping torquing lug nuts and any other bolts you touched, thats 20-30 minutes you just saved.
now imagine you have the same job right after. 2 jobs done within an hour.

im not sayign thius specific scenario happens, or is the most likely to happen, or the most efficient thing to do to get paid. what im saying, is techs CAN skip things (and not ONLY in dealerships, general shops as well) and get away with it, while lining their own pockets.
He jumps to defense which is the signs of a guilty conscience.

He proved that what a shop charges to perform the service can and is most of the time done faster then charged but no credit is give to the customer. But if a service takes longer then first stated they will tack on fees and charges for it. He is blinded by his own lies.
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #72
WJlover
1999 WJ 

im not saying hes guilty of anything, because im sure hes not.

but i am suggesting hes just not seeing the truth.
if hes NEVER seen it happen, then he has no reason to believe it, but remember bro, many of us HAVE seen it. im sure some here have done it themselves
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #73
xtremzj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
He jumps to defense which is the signs of a guilty conscience.

He proved that what a shop charges to perform the service can and is most of the time done faster then charged but no credit is give to the customer. But if a service takes longer then first stated they will tack on fees and charges for it. He is blinded by his own lies.
what the **** are you talking about? You are possibly the top 10 most ignorant people ive ever seen... So if it says it takes me 1hr and it takes me 2hrs, do you want to pay the difference?

Again for the 3rd time, you haven't answered my questions....
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #74
shocking1
1999 WJ 

I thinks it gettin to by that time to close the thread down
shocking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #75
WJlover
1999 WJ 

i think what shocking wants, is the shop/dealership to credit the customer in some way, to make up for the extra time it took for the service.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.