Knocking Sound After Seafoaming - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Knocking Sound After Seafoaming

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Reply
Unread 02-05-2013, 07:54 AM   #46
xtremzj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: milford, nh
Posts: 662
explain to me how we get commission on sales? Did the dealer say that just in case it takes longer? We tell customers all the time it might take longer then it should just in case. We get paid what the book says. We have a new reflash (M38) it says it takes .2 (what we get paid for) it actually take way longer then that to do. It works both ways.

psssst the recall you are talking about, I just looked it up. There is no additional time for tow packages. Or nowhwhere near the time you say. I wanna see you replace a fuel pup module in less the 1.3...Where are you getting these bull**** times?

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may experience a longer than normal engine cranking time prior
to engine start. This condition may be caused by fuel pressure loss due to
a worn sealing ring within the fuel module.
NOTE: QUALITY ANALYSIS HAS REVEALED THAT A WORN SEALING RING IS THE
PRIMARY REASON WHY THE FUEL MODULE IS REPLACED FOR FUEL PRESSURE
LEAK DOWN. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT THE SEALING RING BE REPLACED
BEFORE A FUEL MODULE ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT IS ATTEMPTED
Repair fuel pump module 1.3 Hrs.

__________________
98 ZJ 5.5in hybrid long arm/35"TSLs/4.7 Golen Stroker/Kevin's front bumper/TrailReady rear/hp30/d44/4.56/oba/dual battery/rocklights/milemarker9k.Way to much to list.
QuirkWorks Sponsored #44 subaru rally car
CHRYSLER CERTIFIED MASTER TECH. PM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
xtremzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #47
shockracer
14,000' WJ
 
shockracer's Avatar
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern, Colorado
Posts: 1,639
Here is the BS clam. Btw I knocked it out in 3hours with out a lift in my garage.


forumrunner_20130205_071303.png

This is some good info as well.

http://www.ehow.com/info_8733856_do-...paid-hour.html

Don't forget I was in that industry and didn't agree with how any of the practices take place. Anywhere I go to buy a part or service for anything first thing I ask is "are your employees salary hourly or commission" and make my judgment from there if I want to be there customer. I understand if I was in a pinch and needed $$$ to feed my family I would up sale things too, but do to the fact that it is getting out of hand is just appalling.
__________________
2001 WJ 60th anniversary edition 4.7 quadra-drive
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #48
xtremzj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: milford, nh
Posts: 662
that's still optional equipment. A different punch and time altogether. You must have been a horrible tech if you don't know this stuff...What does buying parts have to do with if the tech is hourly?

"I understand if I was in a pinch and needed $$$ to feed my family I would up sale things too, but do to the fact that it is getting out of hand is just appalling."
Wait so if you bring your car in and lets say have your tires done. Before I take the wheels of I shake down the front end and find a loose tie rod and your brakes are below 2/32s. Is that you just thinking that we are trying to up sell you? :lol:
We wright that down on the RO to cover our *** in case you go off a cliff and to see if you want to actually fix your vehicle. Nobody is forcing you to do it. Im guessing you either got fired as being a tech o had a bad experience...
__________________
98 ZJ 5.5in hybrid long arm/35"TSLs/4.7 Golen Stroker/Kevin's front bumper/TrailReady rear/hp30/d44/4.56/oba/dual battery/rocklights/milemarker9k.Way to much to list.
QuirkWorks Sponsored #44 subaru rally car
CHRYSLER CERTIFIED MASTER TECH. PM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
xtremzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #49
shockracer
14,000' WJ
 
shockracer's Avatar
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern, Colorado
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremzj View Post
that's still optional equipment. A different punch and time altogether. You must have been a horrible tech if you don't know this stuff...What does buying parts have to do with if the tech is hourly?

"I understand if I was in a pinch and needed $$$ to feed my family I would up sale things too, but do to the fact that it is getting out of hand is just appalling."
Wait so if you bring your car in and lets say have your tires done. Before I take the wheels of I shake down the front end and find a loose tie rod and your brakes are below 2/32s. Is that you just thinking that we are trying to up sell you? :lol:
We wright that down on the RO to cover our *** in case you go off a cliff and to see if you want to actually fix your vehicle. Nobody is forcing you to do it. Im guessing you either got fired as being a tech o had a bad experience...
I had quit after 2 years if you must know. I'm not blaming you as a mechanic but the actual dealers. Commission or peace work is a horrible way to pay someone as it almost always leads up selling products and work or shotty work.

As for how long it takes mechanic to perform the service needs to be revised there are so many services in the labor book that have been upped do to letters and petitions sent in asking and stating that it is an unfair amount of time because the younger generation wants to be lazier and take there time.

Now my problem with the dealerships is on top of what the mechanic makes for the time it takes they up the rate by more then double what they pay the mechanic so they can make a good cut too and to top that off they up the price of parts to make even more. Dealers need to be regulated like credit cards.

The last issue I had and set me off was because I had just changed the front and rear diffs and New spark plugs had the wife take it in for an oil change do to me being out of town for awhile and they tell her all those need to be performed ASAP, so this is showing that because it wasn't in there system that it had been preformed and that it was needed yet it was listed on there MPI that they had preformed and supposedly inspected.
__________________
2001 WJ 60th anniversary edition 4.7 quadra-drive
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #50
xtremzj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: milford, nh
Posts: 662
Being in the business for 2 years hardly gives much merit to argue with.

"Now my problem with the dealerships is on top of what the mechanic makes for the time it takes they up the rate by more then double what they pay the mechanic so they can make a good cut too and to top that off they up the price of parts to make even more. Dealers need to be regulated like credit cards."

what the hell are you talking about? Are you talking about flat rate? Like if the books say 1 hour and it takes me half that I should only .5? How about if it takes 1 hour and it takes me 2? What then? You gonna pay the difference? I didn't think so. As far as the parts go, its the same where ever you get parts, how are going to make moneyif you sell it for list price? You gotta think about these things.

"he last issue I had and set me off was because I had just changed the front and rear diffs and New spark plugs had the wife take it in for an oil change do to me being out of town for awhile and they tell her all those need to be performed ASAP, so this is showing that because it wasn't in there system that it had been preformed and that it was needed yet it was listed on there MPI that they had preformed and supposedly inspected. "

That makes no sense at all. The tech fills out the MPI before the work is performed. Im guessing that your jeep was due to these things from millage. That's your wifes fault for not knowing what was done on the truck. That's your fault not the dealers. Did you ask to see what the plugs and fluid look like?

anything else you wanna know what you did wrong?
__________________
98 ZJ 5.5in hybrid long arm/35"TSLs/4.7 Golen Stroker/Kevin's front bumper/TrailReady rear/hp30/d44/4.56/oba/dual battery/rocklights/milemarker9k.Way to much to list.
QuirkWorks Sponsored #44 subaru rally car
CHRYSLER CERTIFIED MASTER TECH. PM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
xtremzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #51
WJlover
Senior Member
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: portsmouth, nh
Posts: 657
you guys are still on about this?

there ARE dishonest dealerships and service centers out there... and there ARE dishonest mechanics out there.
yes, there ARE dishonest customers as well.
we live in a country of THIEVES. i mean hell, WE STOLE THE LAND WE LIVE ON!!
you think everyones going to be honest? come on.

ive been told by a VERY well respected mechanic in my hometown, that my jettas transmission was clunky and shifting hard because of a bad ball joint...

if you are a tech, and never robbed a customer blind, then you have no reason to defend yourself. but at least admit that other techs DO rob customers.
ive seen it with my own eyes, ive heard from friends who are techs ADMITTING to doing it, and ive BEEN robbed.



christ people...
WJlover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #52
shockracer
14,000' WJ
 
shockracer's Avatar
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern, Colorado
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremzj View Post
Being in the business for 2 years hardly gives much merit to argue with.

"Now my problem with the dealerships is on top of what the mechanic makes for the time it takes they up the rate by more then double what they pay the mechanic so they can make a good cut too and to top that off they up the price of parts to make even more. Dealers need to be regulated like credit cards."

what the hell are you talking about? Are you talking about flat rate? Like if the books say 1 hour and it takes me half that I should only .5? How about if it takes 1 hour and it takes me 2? What then? You gonna pay the difference? I didn't think so. As far as the parts go, its the same where ever you get parts, how are going to make moneyif you sell it for list price? You gotta think about these things.

"he last issue I had and set me off was because I had just changed the front and rear diffs and New spark plugs had the wife take it in for an oil change do to me being out of town for awhile and they tell her all those need to be performed ASAP, so this is showing that because it wasn't in there system that it had been preformed and that it was needed yet it was listed on there MPI that they had preformed and supposedly inspected. "

That makes no sense at all. The tech fills out the MPI before the work is performed. Im guessing that your jeep was due to these things from millage. That's your wifes fault for not knowing what was done on the truck. That's your fault not the dealers. Did you ask to see what the plugs and fluid look like?

anything else you wanna know what you did wrong?
She is the one that called them out on it and asked to show why it needed to performed, and why in the F*** is it the customers job to say no it doesn't need to be performed then state why. It was the Tech the performed the inspection not the service rep, now if my wife was unknowing to things that have been replaced or what was really in need of services you think that they would have came out and said "oh hey mam everything looks new so we are not going to perform the services that we already told you needed to be done based off our inspection the first time." Lmfao, no they would not have!

As far as charge, the dealers near me charge $95 an hour, are you going to say that is what the mechanic gets paid, lmfao! Mechanics don't even see half that.
__________________
2001 WJ 60th anniversary edition 4.7 quadra-drive
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #53
xtremzj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: milford, nh
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockracer View Post
She is the one that called them out on it and asked to show why it needed to performed, and why in the F*** is it the customers job to say no it doesn't need to be performed then state why. It was the Tech the performed the inspection not the service rep, now if my wife was unknowing to things that have been replaced or what was really in need of services you think that they would have came out and said "oh hey mam everything looks new so we are not going to perform the services that we already told you needed to be done based off our inspection the first time." Lmfao, no they would not have!

As far as charge, the dealers near me charge $95 an hour, are you going to say that is what the mechanic gets paid, lmfao! Mechanics don't even see half that.
First off, your grammar is horrible, for gods sake ad a period or two.

You cant tell if the fluid has been changed 100 miles ago or 5, it looks the same unless you have water in it. So the tech showed her this stuff and she still said yes? Again that's your wife's fault.
Yep 95 bucks an hour. I make 30 of that and the rest of it is for overhead, insurance, the oil change kid...You know how a business works at all?

Do you wear a tinfoil hat in your bunker at all?
__________________
98 ZJ 5.5in hybrid long arm/35"TSLs/4.7 Golen Stroker/Kevin's front bumper/TrailReady rear/hp30/d44/4.56/oba/dual battery/rocklights/milemarker9k.Way to much to list.
QuirkWorks Sponsored #44 subaru rally car
CHRYSLER CERTIFIED MASTER TECH. PM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
xtremzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #54
shockracer
14,000' WJ
 
shockracer's Avatar
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern, Colorado
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremzj View Post
First off, your grammar is horrible, for gods sake ad a period or two.

You cant tell if the fluid has been changed 100 miles ago or 5, it looks the same unless you have water in it. So the tech showed her this stuff and she still said yes? Again that's your wife's fault.
Yep 95 bucks an hour. I make 30 of that and the rest of it is for overhead, insurance, the oil change kid...You know how a business works at all?

Do you wear a tinfoil hat in your bunker at all?
When did I say she said yes? Seems you keep jumping to something else after you have been proven wrong so many times. I'm not your mother I'm not going to bottle feed you, although it seems you need to be. Now give your smart device back to your kid and get on.
__________________
2001 WJ 60th anniversary edition 4.7 quadra-drive
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #55
xtremzj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: milford, nh
Posts: 662
I just assumed that she said yes because you keep bringing it up.. Where have I been proven wrong? You keep making outrageous dumb claims, but you know nothing on how things actually work and I tell you facts, not theory's like yourself.
Again, where do you think that 95 dollar labor fee goes, im intrigued. Also explain to me how other shops work that are different from a dealership. Because ive worked in both. Again im interested on how you think things work.
__________________
98 ZJ 5.5in hybrid long arm/35"TSLs/4.7 Golen Stroker/Kevin's front bumper/TrailReady rear/hp30/d44/4.56/oba/dual battery/rocklights/milemarker9k.Way to much to list.
QuirkWorks Sponsored #44 subaru rally car
CHRYSLER CERTIFIED MASTER TECH. PM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
xtremzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #56
Turbozcs2003
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NE
Posts: 291
To the OP, you should tell the dealer you have a knock, that you dumped magic in a can thru the PB booster line and ask them their opinion.

I would guess they will listen and if they think you damaged the engine, they will do a compression or leak down test. They can give you the results, If they think it is the Purge solenoid or leak exhaust manifold they will probably tell you.

I wrench most of my own stuff but know a couple techs at local CDJ store, they dont work flat rate, but they are honest and work damn hard for their money, I wouldnt want to work on most of the crap that comes into their store. people mostly just ruin their cars because they dont do squat for preventative maintenance.

XtremZJ

I see your in NH, what store you work at, I am in Maine.

Why dont you start a thread and tell us some of the horror stories of idiot customers, it would be entertaining reading. other techs could chime in. I know some on these forums think every dealer is out to steal the money.
The reality is, if you dont want to do the work yourself, you pay.
Turbozcs2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #57
shockracer
14,000' WJ
 
shockracer's Avatar
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern, Colorado
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremzj View Post
I just assumed that she said yes because you keep bringing it up.. Where have I been proven wrong? You keep making outrageous dumb claims, but you know nothing on how things actually work and I tell you facts, not theory's like yourself.
Again, where do you think that 95 dollar labor fee goes, im intrigued. Also explain to me how other shops work that are different from a dealership. Because ive worked in both. Again im interested on how you think things work.
First you said that there is no pay increase with how much work is performed, in lamen terms. Showed you with a link.

Then how much man hours to perform a certain tsb, showed you a picture.

Then saying it is a service sales rep to say what services are needed when it was infact written down on the so called MPI sheet by the tech performing the service.

Luckily they were called out on these and couldn't back it. The thing that gets me is how often this is pulled off on people that are unknowing and obvious to when and what needs to be done. The dealer I was referring to was reported to a local news station and was cought trying to scam once again as well as 8 other dealers and service centers. I will continue to report place like this.
__________________
2001 WJ 60th anniversary edition 4.7 quadra-drive
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #58
WJlover
Senior Member
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: portsmouth, nh
Posts: 657
when i worked as a salesmen for a short time, the general manager himself told me, they dont care if the customer leaves happy with the car they want, its about money.

some dealerships are out to take your money
WJlover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #59
shockracer
14,000' WJ
 
shockracer's Avatar
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern, Colorado
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJlover View Post
when i worked as a salesmen for a short time, the general manager himself told me, they dont care if the customer leaves happy with the car they want, its about money.

some dealerships are out to take your money
And that is why I quit, I can not live knowing that I rip people off to live, I guess some people can sleep at night knowing they do.
__________________
2001 WJ 60th anniversary edition 4.7 quadra-drive
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #60
WJlover
Senior Member
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: portsmouth, nh
Posts: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockracer View Post
And that is why I quit, I can not live knowing that I rip people off to live, I guess some people can sleep at night knowing they do.
i got fired, because i didnt learn how to rip people off fast enough. i was honest and polite with my customers, and management didnt like it.


but the fact remains, some dealerships rob, some dont.
some mechanics rob, some dont.
some customers lie, some dont
WJlover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.