Knocking Sound After Seafoaming - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 103 Old 02-03-2013, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
WJEEPSMASS
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 80
Well I am just going to drop it at the dealer and be like over the past few weeks I have developed a knock I haven't done anything out of the ordinary. And see what they come up with. I mean I have not lost any power its made it a little more peppier. I also have the recall so i am waiting for that part to come in and then have them look at it and see what they come up with..

WJEEPSMASS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 103 Old 02-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Sycoglitch
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Staten island
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJEEPSMASS
Well I am just going to drop it at the dealer and be like over the past few weeks I have developed a knock I haven't done anything out of the ordinary. And see what they come up with. I mean I have not lost any power its made it a little more peppier. I also have the recall so i am waiting for that part to come in and then have them look at it and see what they come up with..
Just say there's a noticeable knock that's developed over the past week. That's the problem on their work ticket and they'll get a solution.

01' Limited I6, C8.25, D30, NP231, 3" Zone AAL Lift, Extended Shackles and relocators, Hella H4 E-code headlights w/ HD Wiring Harness, Fully Swayless, Front JKS Disco'd when needed, 60mm Bored TB, IRO LCA, Rear Disc Conversion
Sycoglitch is offline  
post #33 of 103 Old 02-03-2013, 06:59 PM
shockracer
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycoglitch View Post

Just say there's a noticeable knock that's developed over the past week. That's the problem on their work ticket and they'll get a solution.
Or make a bunch of bogus lies of things it needs.

2001 WJ 60th anniversary edition 4.7 quadra-drive
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline  
post #34 of 103 Old 02-04-2013, 03:09 AM
williambmac
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Roxbury, N.J.
Posts: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockracer

Or make a bunch of bogus lies of things it needs.
That's brilliant. So a technician like myself that gets paid flat rate wastes a whole bunch of my time looking for problems that aren't there.

2000 TJ 5.5 Long arm, lots of extras. R.I.P.
2005 LJ rubi 35's Clayton, lots of extras
williambmac is offline  
post #35 of 103 Old 02-04-2013, 05:05 AM
shockracer
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by williambmac View Post

That's brilliant. So a technician like myself that gets paid flat rate wastes a whole bunch of my time looking for problems that aren't there.
I'm currently dealing with lies from my local dealer that I called them out on, this is why I had brought it up, this is why dealers are referred to as "stealership". I'm not bashing all shops, just dealerships. Funny to that a local news station just tested this theory and had proven that the small time shops (mom and pop) are far more trustworthy then any corporate operation.

Flat rate techs are not found vary often, I my self was a tech as well that was paid in part of commission and was still being pushed to find more "issues".

Don't take it personally, you should know that there are more fraudulent shops out there then honest shops.

FYI, I think there is a couple posts down that a man had taken his in for a basic replacement of a brake booster replacement, charged him and handed him the one he brought in to be put on. If you would like I could dig up all these complaints just under the WJ section about various shops across the world if you would like?

2001 WJ 60th anniversary edition 4.7 quadra-drive
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline  
post #36 of 103 Old 02-04-2013, 05:51 PM
williambmac
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Roxbury, N.J.
Posts: 451
I do work for a dealer, and most dealership technicians are flat rate. So when someone comes in with a bunch of bogus complaints.....
I end up wasting my time checking out a vehicle and I don't get paid for it.
I don't know about the dealerships by you, but most in my area and honest.
Unfortunately I can't say the same for the customers.
When you come in with a bunch of bogus complaints.... You are the one being dishonest.
I could give you hundreds of examples as to where customers lie through their teeth in an attempt to get their vehicles fixed under warranty when if fact most problems come down to neglect, abuse and failure to properly maintain their vehicles properly.
You call us stealerships. We also have a saying.... "Buyers are liars"

2000 TJ 5.5 Long arm, lots of extras. R.I.P.
2005 LJ rubi 35's Clayton, lots of extras
williambmac is offline  
post #37 of 103 Old 02-04-2013, 05:56 PM
WJlover
Senior Member
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: portsmouth
Posts: 657
ive been a salesmen at a dealership, and a customer...


i hate both. dealerships suck
and customers suck
WJlover is offline  
post #38 of 103 Old 02-04-2013, 06:12 PM
shockracer
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by williambmac View Post
I do work for a dealer, and most dealership technicians are flat rate. So when someone comes in with a bunch of bogus complaints.....
I end up wasting my time checking out a vehicle and I don't get paid for it.
I don't know about the dealerships by you, but most in my area and honest.
Unfortunately I can't say the same for the customers.
When you come in with a bunch of bogus complaints.... You are the one being dishonest.
I could give you hundreds of examples as to where customers lie through their teeth in an attempt to get their vehicles fixed under warranty when if fact most problems come down to neglect, abuse and failure to properly maintain their vehicles properly.
You call us stealerships. We also have a saying.... "Buyers are liars"
Why is it that service centers offer a "free" so many point inspection? Seems the centers are the ones to bring on the "bogus" clams, that is what I had called them out on just recently, two other times I called out the so called master mechanic about certain part relations on vehicles and proved him wrong infront of the VP. Just remember the customer is first, seems the techs think that they are the ones smarter then the customer, sure there maybe times it is true but not all the time.

Don't get me started on how much the price and time the job takes if it doesn't fall under the warranty, funny that corporate knows how long it really takes to fix or replace a part but the dealer will stick it to the customer and in most cases double the cost and time out side of the warranty.

I'm not saying that you are a fraud or fake but you should know by now that most places push or lie about unnecessary repairs, hints the bad rep that shops have received over the years.

2001 WJ 60th anniversary edition 4.7 quadra-drive
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline  
post #39 of 103 Old 02-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Brandonsdad02
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indianola
Posts: 432
I brought my car into a well known shop for a oil change. About 2 hrs later they said my car was done but the serptine belt was cracked and old so they just replaced it and it was close to $60. I told them that it was odd that a belt with less than 500 miles on it was worn out and old. I pulled out the receipt from my wallet showing the new belt that was just put on and paid for my oil change and free belt. Never went back again.

I now have a very trusted mechanic who does the stuff I'm not comfortable with or don't have the time. He either gets the parts or I supply them. He charged me $200 to pull the dash to change the heater core and blend doors and refilled the AC system.
Brandonsdad02 is offline  
post #40 of 103 Old 02-04-2013, 08:18 PM
xtremzj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: milford
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by williambmac View Post
I do work for a dealer, and most dealership technicians are flat rate. So when someone comes in with a bunch of bogus complaints.....
I end up wasting my time checking out a vehicle and I don't get paid for it.
I don't know about the dealerships by you, but most in my area and honest.
Unfortunately I can't say the same for the customers.
When you come in with a bunch of bogus complaints.... You are the one being dishonest.
I could give you hundreds of examples as to where customers lie through their teeth in an attempt to get their vehicles fixed under warranty when if fact most problems come down to neglect, abuse and failure to properly maintain their vehicles properly.
You call us stealerships. We also have a saying.... "Buyers are liars"
you. I like you. I too for for a dealer and cant agree more. Best friends?

98 ZJ 5.5in hybrid long arm/35"TSLs/4.7 Golen Stroker/Kevin's front bumper/TrailReady rear/hp30/d44/4.56/oba/dual battery/rocklights/milemarker9k.Way to much to list.
QuirkWorks Sponsored #44 subaru rally car
CHRYSLER CERTIFIED MASTER TECH. PM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
xtremzj is offline  
post #41 of 103 Old 02-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Sycoglitch
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Staten island
Posts: 84
Alright alright lets keep it on topic. Op, if you can gt it fixed under warranty that's awesome. Other than that no need to get off tangent about stealerships. There are dishonest customers and 2-left handed mechanics everywhere.

01' Limited I6, C8.25, D30, NP231, 3" Zone AAL Lift, Extended Shackles and relocators, Hella H4 E-code headlights w/ HD Wiring Harness, Fully Swayless, Front JKS Disco'd when needed, 60mm Bored TB, IRO LCA, Rear Disc Conversion
Sycoglitch is offline  
post #42 of 103 Old 02-05-2013, 03:37 AM
williambmac
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Roxbury, N.J.
Posts: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonsdad02
I brought my car into a well known shop for a oil change. About 2 hrs later they said my car was done but the serptine belt was cracked and old so they just replaced it and it was close to $60. I told them that it was odd that a belt with less than 500 miles on it was worn out and old. I pulled out the receipt from my wallet showing the new belt that was just put on and paid for my oil change and free belt. Never went back again.

I now have a very trusted mechanic who does the stuff I'm not comfortable with or don't have the time. He either gets the parts or I supply them. He charged me $200 to pull the dash to change the heater core and blend doors and refilled the AC system.
Well I would have told them..... I didn't authorize you to change the belt. Lets see the old one.
And I am not paying you.
No shop dealer or private can change parts without your authorization.
You guys can sit here and bash on dealerships as much as you want, but you really have no concept on the inner workings(no offense) of one.
How labor times are determined, and its not by the dealer. And.....all shops dealer and private use the same labor times.
You pay an electrician/plumber/contractor/dr/dentist for his time, but you don't want to pay a dealer tech for his time.
And yes a dealer does a safety inspection for two reasons.....
1. To check your vehicle over for recommended services that may be due.
2. To cover our *** for liability. If I do a repair on a vehicle lets say a water pump and you drive down the road and hit a tree because your brakes are metal to metal. Guess who you turn around and sue.... The dealership because we didn't inspect your vehicle and tell you there was a problem with your brakes.
I can debate all of this to no end, so If you guys want to start a separate thread please do so.

2000 TJ 5.5 Long arm, lots of extras. R.I.P.
2005 LJ rubi 35's Clayton, lots of extras
williambmac is offline  
post #43 of 103 Old 02-05-2013, 04:55 AM
shockracer
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern
Posts: 1,639
Wrong!

1st, I have worked at dealerships.

2nd, you said you get paid nothing for checking all the bogus issues yet a shop charges a diagnostic fee.

3rd, shops use unfair and pushed up labor books that are set by unions. Why do you think the manufacture does not pay for warranty work by the labor book but there own knowing time scale for the time the service takes.

You can try to suger coat it all you want, and I suggest that you don't tell people what they know or have done, there are people on here that have forgot more then you know.

2001 WJ 60th anniversary edition 4.7 quadra-drive
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline  
post #44 of 103 Old 02-05-2013, 06:26 AM
xtremzj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: milford
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockracer View Post
Wrong!

1st, I have worked at dealerships.

2nd, you said you get paid nothing for checking all the bogus issues yet a shop charges a diagnostic fee.

3rd, shops use unfair and pushed up labor books that are set by unions. Why do you think the manufacture does not pay for warranty work by the labor book but there own knowing time scale for the time the service takes.

You can try to suger coat it all you want, and I suggest that you don't tell people what they know or have done, there are people on here that have forgot more then you know.
Actually my friend you are wrong.
1. We don't get paid anything to look over your whole vehicle, they are called MPI's Multipoint inspection. Its on the RO but we as techs get nothing fo4 it.
2. Uhhh what? Pushed up times? We use what the manufacture says which is about half of what you need, warrantee time sucks. If it says a water pump takes an hour to do, double it. If its not warrantee time is not used, we use AllData, just like every other shop in the world.
3. Diag time is what it is. Time for us to figure out what you cant. You come in and say your jeep is making this sound, what are we suppose to do not get paid to figure out what's wrong?

Come on, use your head.

98 ZJ 5.5in hybrid long arm/35"TSLs/4.7 Golen Stroker/Kevin's front bumper/TrailReady rear/hp30/d44/4.56/oba/dual battery/rocklights/milemarker9k.Way to much to list.
QuirkWorks Sponsored #44 subaru rally car
CHRYSLER CERTIFIED MASTER TECH. PM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
xtremzj is offline  
post #45 of 103 Old 02-05-2013, 06:33 AM
shockracer
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremzj View Post

Actually my friend you are wrong.
1. We don't get paid anything to look over your whole vehicle, they are called MPI's Multipoint inspection. Its on the RO but we as techs get nothing fo4 it.
2. Uhhh what? Pushed up times? We use what the manufacture says which is about half of what you need, warrantee time sucks. If it says a water pump takes an hour to do, double it. If its not warrantee time is not used, we use AllData, just like every other shop in the world.
3. Diag time is what it is. Time for us to figure out what you cant. You come in and say your jeep is making this sound, what are we suppose to do not get paid to figure out what's wrong?

Come on, use your head.
Just me pointing out the fact that Mechs do get commission for repairs, was getting you to confess to it. look up what a jeep tsb time is compared to what is charged.

Tsb for the fuel module O-ring replacement tsb stats 1.3hours +1hour if equipped with tow package, dealers stats 3.5hours + 1hour if equipped with tow package. Funny how Chrysler knows how long it takes.

MPIs are not free to be good guys, its a sales gimmick, don't be blind to these known facts.

2001 WJ 60th anniversary edition 4.7 quadra-drive
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome