knock sensors 4.7l H.O. code p0325, anyone? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > knock sensors 4.7l H.O. code p0325, anyone?

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Iron Rock Offroad products - get them from Kolak!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Ki

Unread 01-29-2015, 06:10 PM   #1
r_kelly252
2001 WJ 

knock sensors 4.7l H.O. code p0325, anyone?

So I've def looked around the forum for the answer to this mystery, and nothing quite like this.
I just picked up an 04 overland. Clean one owner. Really a nice one. A couple flaws I'm starting to notice after driving it home. Grille is not an 04 grille but an older Laredo chrome grille. From like an 01. Kinda weird but whatever. So I decide to do the check engine light/ code thing with the key switch. I mean the light isn't on but maybe they pulled the bulb and its really on? I'm getting a code P0325. And that's it. Knock sensor #1. Anything I have found on the forum has been specific to 0325 & 0330& or 0700. All three codes or at least two. I'm only getting the one.
It drives fine, shifts fine. Power is right on par for the H.O.... Any insight to just one knock sensor that's coding out but yet not triggering the check engine light? Could this be from running 87 octane in the h.o ?
I've thought about going straight to the dealership but other threads I've read they are useless. A lot of JU and JF stuff I found was posted 7-10 years ago. Nothing new on the matter.

Anyone?

r_kelly252 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2015, 06:32 PM   #2
CarlJH
2003 WJ 

I too have just got an 03 4.7 HO in December, did the key trick and also got po325 with no CEL.
told the dealer to sort it before I took delivery, when they plugged their snap-on scanner in, it could not find the fault?
Did the key thing again about a week after i got it, and no fault so I think it was just old fuel from not being used for several months
CarlJH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2015, 06:33 PM   #3
mr312712
MOPAR FOR LIFE

2004 WJ 

Yeah I had that code to but since I disconnected the battery a few days ago It hasn't come back.
04 WJ Overland 4.7 H.O. Inferno Red
mr312712 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2015, 09:51 PM   #4
r_kelly252
2001 WJ 

Yeah I thought about old fuel sitting too. I wish I tried checking the codes before I drove it home. I think I'm on my own for the expense to fix. We'll see, I'm hoping to delete it and be alset like you
Unread 04-01-2015, 09:20 PM   #5
bloke279

Im resurrecting this one.

I am a new owner of an 02 overland. I noticed that the RPM's will waiver about 50 RPM. I replaced the TPS and IAC tonight, for good measure. The RPM's never dropped past 500, usually sat around 650-700. I noticed tonight that I dropped to 400 at one point. It still has the wondering RPM issue. I pulled the codes via odometer, and I have an 0325. I didnt know I had to run premuim fuel, so I am now on my 2nd tank of regular unleaded. Im hoping that filing up with 91 on the next tank will help smooth the idle out. I will say, I didnt notice the wondering RPM on the test drive, and I was listening for everything, as well as the passenger with me. Any thoughts? Are my hopeful desires realistic? Thank you.

PS..
This was not posted without the search function being used prior.
Unread 04-02-2015, 05:57 AM   #6
briandor
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloke279
Im resurrecting this one. I am a new owner of an 02 overland. I noticed that the RPM's will waiver about 50 RPM. I replaced the TPS and IAC tonight, for good measure. The RPM's never dropped past 500, usually sat around 650-700. I noticed tonight that I dropped to 400 at one point. It still has the wondering RPM issue. I pulled the codes via odometer, and I have an 0325. I didnt know I had to run premuim fuel, so I am now on my 2nd tank of regular unleaded. Im hoping that filing up with 91 on the next tank will help smooth the idle out. I will say, I didnt notice the wondering RPM on the test drive, and I was listening for everything, as well as the passenger with me. Any thoughts? Are my hopeful desires realistic? Thank you. PS.. This was not posted without the search function being used prior.
I have an overland too. You don't "have" to run premium. The specs allow for running regular but to get the higher performance you need to run premium. When you run regular it retards the timing so you don't get optimal hp. I also have the wandering idle and have replaced several sensors as well as cleaned the crap out of the throttle body. It helped a little bit it still wanders.

As far as your knock sensor code it most likely isn't caused by the knock sensors at all. It's more likely that you need to replace your O2 sensors. When they start to go bad the fuel mixture is off a bit which can cause a little pinging and that throws the knock sensor code. Make sure you use Mopar sensors too. First time I replaced them I didn't use Mopar. It ran better but still had a hesitation and the knock code. Replaced them again with Mopar and the hesitation and knock code are gone.
briandor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2015, 09:21 AM   #7
r_kelly252
2001 WJ 

Never gave 02 sensors a thought.
Yeah just like briandor said, you don't need premium fuel. But it was still a thought that maybe it was kicking the code on.
Haven't tried disconnecting battery but I did in fact run a scan tool on it and I got nothing. But the p0325 code is still in the odometer. I'll try that today, now I have time to figure this out again.
I too have a wandering idle, never concerned me. I figured once knock sensor code was figured out it would fix it. I'd like to fix the idle but...hey its just at idle and its only a mere 50 rpms so I almost don't care.
Unread 04-03-2015, 11:15 AM   #8
briandor
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_kelly252 View Post
Never gave 02 sensors a thought.
Yeah just like briandor said, you don't need premium fuel. But it was still a thought that maybe it was kicking the code on.
Haven't tried disconnecting battery but I did in fact run a scan tool on it and I got nothing. But the p0325 code is still in the odometer. I'll try that today, now I have time to figure this out again.
I too have a wandering idle, never concerned me. I figured once knock sensor code was figured out it would fix it. I'd like to fix the idle but...hey its just at idle and its only a mere 50 rpms so I almost don't care.
It seems the wandering idle is a pretty common issue with the 4.7 but for some reason nobody seems to have fixed it or posted how to fix it. Maybe it's like you said, it isn't that big of an issues and more of an annoyance. Most who have the issue probably don't care enough to spend much time to figure it out and fix it. Closest I've come is thinking it is the ECM that is causing it because I also see a wobble of the gauges, in particular the voltage gauge, that seems to go with the wobbling idle.
briandor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2015, 11:17 AM   #9
imaguy3
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by briandor View Post
in particular the voltage gauge, that seems to go with the wobbling idle.
The output of the alternator is directly proportional to the speed of the alternator. You will not be producing as many volts at idle when compared to driving. Similarly if you idle slower than normal expect to see the voltage drop or jump around with the idle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.