Key fob help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Key fob help

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
TheSkinturd
2000 WJ 

Wj Key fob help

So awhile back, my original key fob stopped working. I replaced the battery's and still nothing. I bought a new one and went to get it programmed today and it could not be programmed. Did I just get a dud key fob or could it be something else? It's a 2000 WJ.

TheSkinturd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
losttech

2000 WJ 

I bought a FOB of amazon and it would not work the dealer could not program it.
I ending buying one from the dealer expensive but it works.
Now I did buy some keys from amazon and the dealer cut them for like 30$ and programed them and they worked just fine.

So yes i think you could have a bad FOB they seem to be picky on jeeps.

The vendor was Discount Keyless for both items they refunded me for the FOB just took a awhile, but like I said the keys work fine got 3 now.
losttech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
new2site
2002 WJ 

Yes, you got a dud....I got a dud one too (off Ebay.... seller then sent good one).

The technician should've confirmed it was your fob...his scanner probably "couldn't see" your key fob being that it's bad or incompatible.

I also got a second / backup (being they usually program second/third fob for free!) from this guy(different seller-his programmed right up no problems)..and as you see here he's got a whole new batch of them:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw...at=0&_from=R40
new2site is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
Duh

Walmart has a do it yourself stand for transponder keys-never tried it. It must try and duplicate your keys transponder signal. But id personally just due a dealer key.
Duh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
Duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duh
Walmart has a do it yourself stand for transponder keys-never tried it. It must try and duplicate your keys transponder signal. But id personally just due a dealer key.
Sorry, your asking about fob. Oops
Duh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #6
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

I had the same problem programming a key-fob for my wife's Chrysler T & C. The Jeep key-fob would not work, but the name-less one did. I think it needs to say Jeep on it.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 05:40 AM   #7
Lustra

Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep has many peanut shaped FOBS that look alike but a not compatible. To know if a FOB is compatible match the FCC ID of original FOB.

Yes , the mileage is stored in the PCM , it's only available through a DRB scan, it is irrelevant to 99% of jeepers
What about the other 1%?

Silly Hillbilly
Lustra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.