Kevins off road? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Kevins off road?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 09-27-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
WburtonJ
2004 WJ 

Wj Kevins off road?

Hey, I am looking to upgrade my 04 WJ and the 2.75 suspension lift from Kevins offroad. It is not a brand name, but the parts seem very compatible and the price is attractive.

Has anyone ever used kevins offroad lifts before?
Heres the link to check it out.

WJ Grand Cherokee Ultimate BFYB 2.75 Lift Kit w/ new coils, w/ Bilstein Monotube shocks [KOR-9932-BIL] - $679.97 : KevinsOffRoad.com - Hard-KOR Jeep Accessories for Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, Commander, Liberty, and Cherokee

if that doesn't work, go to the Kevins offroad website, go to the store, lift kits, and its on the 5th page for WJ lift kits.

i would greatly appreciate some feedback since this is not a well known brand or company.

WburtonJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
thecool1
2004 WJ 

Kevins is a reputable dealer and has been lifting and driving Jeeps for quite a while. You may be able to find cheaper than his, but you'll be hard pressed to find better quality.

You always miss those NorEasters, especially when you haven't had snow in years.
thecool1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
WiCkeDuDe
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Im running that same kit but with RE monotube shocks instead. I am very happy with the kit. Its great quality, IF you ever get it. Be prepared to wait awhile.

99 - 04 Grand Cherokee Mopar Trackbar
NP 242HD Transfer Case

WiCkeDuDe is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
Uglyducklyin713
1999 WJ 

I have it and love it! My wait wasn't but about 2 weeks and have been very pleased with it's performace on and off the road.
WJ- 4.7, NV247, KOR 2.75 lift, KOR 3/4 front spacers, 32" KM2's, IRO dual Tenneco Steering Stabilizers, ProComp ES3000 shocks, Tom Woods front DS, Rola Roof Rack, Saguaro Front Shackles, Overland sliders, Flowmaster Exhaust, LEDs in the interior, Cobra CB, 6000K Hid's, 3500K fogs, Fog Lights up top, Tinted Lights...
Uglyducklyin713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2010, 05:49 PM   #5
Apollo21
2002 WJ 

Order through Kolak he's a vendor on here. He will ship it to you faster and cheaper. (IMPO)
Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/apollo21-build-thread-902929/[/url] SOLD
Apollo21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
myjeeplovesmud
2004 WJ 

if you don't mind waiting a month for your parts and being overcharged for shipping, you should be fine....

if it would bother you if you were told that something shipped two weeks ago, and you call to see where it is, and they tell you that it didn't ship because they didn't have the part in stock, and you start to figure out that you've just been lied to, than you shouldn't have any issues either....

KOR is good stuff, i can't knock that.... i feel they are over priced, over hyped and that there shipping rates are 40x what they should be
ZONE 4" Lift With 32" Duratracs
Hella Lighting - Rola Rack - KOR 3/4 Spacers
IRO Sliders - Rusty's Hooks - Cobra CB

MY BUILD THREAD
BAD TO THE BONE ZONE

November 2010 GCOTM
myjeeplovesmud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #7
WburtonJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecool1 View Post
Kevins is a reputable dealer and has been lifting and driving Jeeps for quite a while. You may be able to find cheaper than his, but you'll be hard pressed to find better quality.
what other lifts should i look at that might be cheaper than this?
Unread 09-28-2010, 11:39 AM   #8
WburtonJ
2004 WJ 

oh and do yall have any other suggestions on lift kits that might be comparable in size and price?
Unread 09-28-2010, 12:01 PM   #9
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjeeplovesmud View Post
if you don't mind waiting a month for your parts and being overcharged for shipping, you should be fine....

if it would bother you if you were told that something shipped two weeks ago, and you call to see where it is, and they tell you that it didn't ship because they didn't have the part in stock, and you start to figure out that you've just been lied to, than you shouldn't have any issues either....

KOR is good stuff, i can't knock that.... i feel they are over priced, over hyped and that there shipping rates are 40x what they should be
i believe their stuff is good they just need 100x more quality control. like the over priced a-arm spacer that came in and was welded wrong slag and splatter all over. to top it off i had to drill out the holes because the plates didn't line up correctly. agreed shipping is a little steeper and they do nothing for Jeepforum discounts

also Note on Kevins List on Contents for that kit NO Trac-bar, or even swaybar links. yes they do include their a-arm spacer. but for 3" ull be fine out one a Trac-bar is a MUST

IRO gives 1/2 off Shipping to Jeep Forum Members Btw.

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IROR&Product_C ode=IR-W_3LK

everything ive gotten from IRO has been top notch not a single complaint.
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #10
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

ive heard good things about clayton long arm kits. pricey, but supposedly worth the money and a pretty complete kit.
mrJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2010, 02:08 PM   #11
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ View Post
ive heard good things about clayton long arm kits. pricey, but supposedly worth the money and a pretty complete kit.
yes but the install is way more involved than others cutting welding.

if your comfortable with this fine. other may not which is why IRO long arms are Bolt on work Great.
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #12
WburtonJ
2004 WJ 

in all honesty, im not doing a lot of wheeling as of right now so i dont think the long arm would be necessary, i am looking for a solid suspension lift with some flat black pro comp rims and bfg at's

does anyone have any suggestions for a solid and reliable suspension kit ( from 2.5 to 4 inches) that is also affordable.
Unread 09-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #13
Apollo21
2002 WJ 

Zone 4in kit
Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/apollo21-build-thread-902929/[/url] SOLD
Apollo21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2010, 03:36 PM   #14
WburtonJ
2004 WJ 

does the 4" zone come with everything i need? because it is a 4", will it be necessary to buy JK disconnects also?
it comes with the control arms i see?
have you ever heard anything about the rock krawler kits? they make a 3.5 suspension lift that i have also been looking at
Unread 09-28-2010, 03:37 PM   #15
WburtonJ
2004 WJ 

also, my WJ is an AWD, it says on the website that there might have to be some mods made to the front drive line....another $$$ buster, your thoughts?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.