Kenda Klever MT KR29 tire - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Kenda Klever MT KR29 tire

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
kaktus
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Kenda Klever MT KR29 tire

Kenda Klever MT KR29 review? Anyone have any experience with this Mud terrain tire? It seems to good to be true... They are insanely cheap. Not a lot of info on these guys I guess they just introduced this tire into the market. I found a little bit of info on them on some other forums and I have only read good things. People say they easily get 30,000 miles out of them and they are good in the rain and snow that's about all I could find.

The tire tread on them is nice and aggressive.

I mean I could get a set of 4 32" or 33' tires shipped to my door for around $600-700 bucks? Who wants to donate some cash I would love to be the guinea pig and I will report back with a full review.

I found them for sale on HERE 265/75r16 and HERE 265/70/r17 on amazon $150-$160 bucks a tire with free shipping and I also seen some sets going on eBay all roughly the same price. A couple people left reviews on amazon saying it was a good tire. When I ran into these the other day they had a lot of other sizes listed I guess they sold out I even saw some 285/75/16 going for $170

kenda_klever_mt.jpg  
kenda_klever_mt_tire.jpg

kaktus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
MEinSoCal
1999 WJ 

i know Kenda makes pretty decent bike tires, didn't realize they also do tires for automotive use. i'd try it, especially those prices.
Unread 03-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Rostafarian
1999 WJ 

I work for the largest tire distributor in New England. We stock and deliver Kenda tires. I would not recommend them. We have roughly 100 Kenda's per week being returned, whether it be defective or premature tread wear.

Go General.
Rostafarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
kaktus
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rostafarian View Post
I work for the largest tire distributor in New England. We stock and deliver Kenda tires. I would not recommend them. We have roughly 100 Kenda's per week being returned, whether it be defective or premature tread wear.

Go General.
Even with these Off M/T tires? that seems like a shame....
Unread 03-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #5
berndog67
2003 WJ 

i have had a complete set with full size spare (265/70R17 M/T's of course) for almost 3 months now, love the tires, havent gotten stuck or slide at all yet, course i havent had them off in the mud yet due to this white stuff we get up here, but they have great bite on ice, rain, snow and showing no wear yet after 3000 miles, now i only got them after doing plenty of research online, mostly wrangler guys run them, i think i have only heard of 1 or 2 wj guys running them, and they praised them as well, now at 150 a tire shipped u cant go wrong, and they are no where as loud as u would expect with normal m/t's, now with 32" Klever's and 4" of lift i only lost a hair over 1 mpg, usually most loose 2-3 mpg, so i would assume the Klever's have a little to do with that due to there fairly strong and straight construction, in fact the guy at my dealer who mounted and balanced them said he has never seen any m/t tire take so little weight to balance
2003 WJ Overland, 4.7HO, D30 & D44A (1 tons going in now!), RC Long Arm, lifted 4" Front 6" Rear, RC 2.2 4" Shocks, JKS track bar, custom hi-steer, 35" Procomp M/T's on JK rims, beefed up Overland rock rails, custom skids and dif gaurds, Rugged Ridge 8500 synthetic winch in custom hidden mount
berndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #6
kaktus
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by berndog67 View Post
i have had a complete set with full size spare (265/70R17 M/T's of course) for almost 3 months now, love the tires, havent gotten stuck or slide at all yet, course i havent had them off in the mud yet due to this white stuff we get up here, but they have great bite on ice, rain, snow and showing no wear yet after 3000 miles, now i only got them after doing plenty of research online, mostly wrangler guys run them, i think i have only heard of 1 or 2 wj guys running them, and they praised them as well, now at 150 a tire shipped u cant go wrong, and they are no where as loud as u would expect with normal m/t's, now with 32" Klever's and 4" of lift i only lost a hair over 1 mpg, usually most loose 2-3 mpg, so i would assume the Klever's have a little to do with that due to there fairly strong and straight construction, in fact the guy at my dealer who mounted and balanced them said he has never seen any m/t tire take so little weight to balance
Nice sounds like I might have to pull the trigger one these.
Unread 04-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #7
dukeryder
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I've been running the Kenda Klever MTs on my YJ Wrangler in 31x10.5x15 for the last 4 months. They are quiet on road (wind noise is loud enough you can't hear the tires ), they perform great in the mud and provide plenty of traction on our trails around here.

My only complaint is that they're not the greatest in the snow and definitely suck on the Ice in 2wd. It's been a long time, but in the 90s I had a CJ7 with the same exact size Goodyear Wrangler ATs and I can remember rarely even needing 4wd in the snow; whereas with these tires 4wd is needed. I have however never even come close to being stuck even in nearly 12" of snow with 4x4 engaged. Considering that those same Goodyear ATs were $125 ea back in the mid 90s these tires are a BARGAIN!

I run Michelin Arctic Ice on my WJ and those are truly great in the snow.
dukeryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #8
AIRBORNE
2000 WJ 

I have Kendas on my RZR4 and I love their ATV tires. As far as automotive I can't comment, but these look pretty cool.
AIRBORNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #9
00grandbrick
2000 WJ 

got them

i got these put on my jeep thrusday. love them so far.
00grandbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #10
RIPNBST
2004 WJ 

Care to keep us updated from time to time on how these Kendas perform for you Grandbrick? I am looking into getting a set for my WJ as well.
RIPNBST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #11
00grandbrick
2000 WJ 

Will do. Tested them out in sugar sand, and about a foot deep of water so far, they pushed right through. Very satisfied so far.
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #12
00grandbrick
2000 WJ 

forumrunner_20130507_131112.jpg

Digging into some mud. Tires did great!
Unread 05-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #13
MXWJ01
2001 WJ 

I stopped at a local shop today, and they want $600 all 4 installed. Thinking off getting some.
Unread 05-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #14
Zimboo22
2004 WJ 

I just put a set on yesterday, 265/70/17. They give you a nice little roar at around 45 nothing crazy. With the tire coming in at 52 lbs. and the soft 8 17" roughly 30lbs. all in at 82lbs a corner. I'll keep you guys posted on pro's and con's.
Zimboo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #15
780406jeeper
2004 WJ 

OK, here are my thoughts, and it might earn me a 'sit-down and be quiet' response and I can handle that, I am a big boy (figuratively).

Searching the web for Country of Origin brings up a Taiwanese company with most of their tires being manufactured in China. Negative #1 for me. I live in an arid desert climate too just like Vegas and have never seen Chinese rubber products last very long. I have seen many tires of Chinese origin that are very soft right in the beginning and get very hard very quickly. Now I have not performed any flame-analysis test to see the compound differrence, but wheeling with some other jeepers that have Chinese made tire, by the middle of year two, the tires loose a lot of their grib because the rubber gets too hard.

Negative #2, I have never seen this company's name on a banner or such at 4 wheel drive events. BFG and Goodyear to name a few, support the heck out of motorsport events here in the states. Doesn't mean that this company does not have this planned in the future, but the amount of support a USA company gives to our and other motorsport events and causes will continue to earn my business.

Now I am sure as our world continues to grow boarderless, more and more products that we use in and on our vehicles will no longer be made here, but for me, I will try to the end to support local, and by local, I mean USA.
Kevin

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.