Just pilled dashboard (heater core, a/c evap, blend doors) HELP!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Just pilled dashboard (heater core, a/c evap, blend doors) HELP!!!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 02-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #1
ckegman
2000 WJ 

Wj Just pilled dashboard (heater core, a/c evap, blend doors) HELP!!!

i have a 2000 grand cherokee wj just pulled dash and hvac unit to change heater core, a/c evap and blend doors. Everything went back the way it should. Reconnected everything. refilled fluids. Went and started truck ran for about 3 or 4 seconds and stalled. Keep on doing same thing everytime, starts and stops.. I have checked all connections and they seem fine. I am looking to see if anyone has had this problem or can you point me right direction? Any help is appreciated..

Last edited by ckegman; 02-07-2014 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: solved problem
ckegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #2
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

You have a skim problem. Unit does not recongnise the keys chip and stops motor after 3 seconds. Check connectors around steering column and ignition switch first to make sure the chip reader is connected.
Unread 02-07-2014, 11:09 AM   #3
ckegman
2000 WJ 

Wj you da man

I went and had something to eat, had a beer and took a step back. Thanks for the tip. I went back and looked at sreering colum and low and behold, I had a connector that was loose, pushed all the way in. Guess what it starts now. Thanks again man..... Heat works now and will mess with AC when weather gets warmer. Did it all in about 8 hrs, saved alot of money... maybe I will get another 250,000 miles out of it...

Last edited by ckegman; 02-07-2014 at 06:00 PM..
Unread 02-07-2014, 11:19 AM   #4
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Fun fact: If you start it too many times with the 'wrong key', the SKIM will lock and need to be unlocked by the dealer.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 04:41 PM   #5
Cebby
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
Fun fact: If you start it too many times with the 'wrong key', the SKIM will lock and need to be unlocked by the dealer.
Great info - thanks. (nothing fun about it tho!)
2000 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 Taupe Frost - Clayton LA Front/Rear | IRO 3" Springs + 3/4" KOR | Bilstein Shocks | JKS Discos/Trackbar/Draglink & Tierod | Dual KOR Stabs | Spidertrax Spacers | 265/70R17 Duratrac's on JK 17's | Black Magic Brakes w/Centric Rotors | Akebono Calipers | Griffin Rad | K&N Drop in | Magnaflow Cat & Muffler shorty setup | Diehard Platinum (Odyssey) | RB1-NAV-Sirius-Chg-iPod | OEM Tow Hooks F/R
Cebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 05:25 PM   #6
Ah673000
2002 WJ 

Kudos to you ..... That is one DIY that I have avoided so far..... Sounds like it was not to bad..... So far I have done all the temporary repairs to the blend doors and the condensers and heater core have not leaked yet..... But I imagine that will not last forever. Thx again
Ah673000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 06:09 PM   #7
ckegman
2000 WJ 

Wj Not so fast

Started new thread

Last edited by ckegman; 02-07-2014 at 06:23 PM..

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.