just bought a nice 01 grand very reasonable!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > just bought a nice 01 grand very reasonable!!!!

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FrEaKy FrIdAy SaLe!!!!NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 12-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
jeepyard
1993 ZJ 

just bought a nice 01 grand very reasonable!!!!

Got a tip on a grand cherokee with a bad engine yesterday from a friend of mine. Got loose today to get a look at it thinking it was most likely a V8 jeep but to my surprise it is a 4.0. The owner had bought the jeep when it had 14,000 miles on it but now it has 195,000 with what sounds like a pretty good piston slap on the # 1 cylinder. The jeep is in great shape on the inside and the outside is nice too. They just quit driving it recently since the noise had been minimal but got alot louder. I wasn't sure if he wanted rid of it or not or if he was wanting to hire me to fix it but he just bought a new RAV 4 and wasn't interested in fixing the jeep. We talked about 30 mins and asked if it was worth 1000 bucks to me and I quickly said yes sir!!! Gonna pull the I6 out and give it a good rebuild and see how the lil jeep drives out. Prolly have around 2000 in it with the rebuild but will have a very nice WJ. Just glad to fall into a good deal since it very rarely happens to me!!!!

jeepyard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #2
PowderHound
2003 WJ 

Congrats. All the best on the rebuild welcome to the wj family.
2003 WJ♦Inferno Red Limited(4.7 H.O., Vari-Lok axles)♦OME HD/BILLY 5100S♦IRO t-case skid, adj. tb, sway links♦Moog SS♦Factory tow package w/harness & tow hooks♦ Amp/12 sub box♦new bad b**ch passenger♦1993 XJ country♦lift/muds/winchbumper-sold♦build thread instead of long A$$ sig soon...
PowderHound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #3
cubalz
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like you fell into a pretty good deal. Let us know what you find after tearing into the 4.0... Enjoy!
2003 Rubicon - 33x12.50x15 GY Duratracs, 15x10 MT Classic Locks, 2" BL, 2" BB, Warn Front Bumper, Garvin ATS Rear Bumper, Body Armor Extreme Rock Rails, Nth Degree Tummy Tucker, Skid Row Engine, LCA and Gas Tank Skid Plates, Teraflex Quick Disco's, Uniden Pro 520xl CB, 3' Firestik Antenna, BW Flat Fender Flares, Tom Woods DS, Currie Rear Adj Arms
cubalz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
jeepyard
1993 ZJ 

It will probably be a couple of months before I get to start work on it unless the weather somehow gets better down here. This month hasn't been nothing but rain and if it isn't raining it is freezing cold!!! My shop is small and my old charger takes up most of it. When I get it out and tore down I will post my findings on the 4.0. Sounds like the skirt has came off the piston but until I get it apart that is just a guess.I got two of the ZJ jeeps in good shape and this will make my 2nd WJ but the first one actually belongs to the wife, I get the pleasure of working on it when it needs it which isn't alot tho
jeepyard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.