Just bought my first Jeep, wanted to say hello - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Just bought my first Jeep, wanted to say hello

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread Yesterday, 04:49 PM   #1
Muti007

Just bought my first Jeep, wanted to say hello

Hey gang, I wanted to say hi. Im a long time car/truck/motorcycle fanatic and just picked up my first Jeep last week, a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. This car literally looks brand new inside and the exterior aint that bad either. I got what I believe to be a great price on this rig and am very happy with it so far. Within a few days, I picked up a set of brand new (97 miles on the whole set) 2014 Wrangler base wheels and tires, with brand new Wrangler ST's on them as well. I was hoping to throw on a set of 17 or 18 inch Wrangler 5 spokes, but most all of them in my area had tires that would require a lift and/or some cutting, neither of which is in the budget right now. Im going through it now, so far did the tires and wheels, wipers, head and high beams and a bunch of other odds and ends. A new stereo, Clarion CZ500 I had bought for my S2k which I ended up selling, I had sitting in its box new for a while is going in in the next few days or so.

Just wanted to introduce myself. This forum has already been pretty helpful in stealth mode, figured I may as well say hey. Ive owned over 80 cars/trucks/motorcycles in my day, and currently also own a Lexus LS430 and a Honda Shadow Sabre 1100.

Last edited by Muti007; Yesterday at 07:18 PM..
Muti007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 07:15 PM   #2
TricircleD
2000 WJ 

Welcome to the forum, and nice looking WJ!
TricircleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #3
atomb
2002 WJ 

Really like that green color great looking Jeep ..God luck with it
atomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 07:29 PM   #4
Muti007

Thanks guys. Right now Im dealing with a non-functional rear wiper, which seems pretty common, and I have hood and rear glass hatch struts on the way. The K&N air filter arrived today but its been pouring all day. Next up will be flushing and refilling fluids. I also already picked up a set of Powerstop front rotors and pads, so installing them is also on the list. Actually, its a long list, lol. Whenever I buy anything, I have a half mile long list of everything I have to do, and sometimes its a longer list depending on the cars needs. So far knock on wood, she doesnt seem to have any extraordinary needs right away. What I cant believe is this thing doesnt have a hint of rust underneath it with 138k on the odo. The interior is also something to behold, absolutely beautiful for such an old and inexpensive car. So far so good
Unread Yesterday, 08:49 PM   #5
jeepsterpitt
2001 WJ 

welcome to the WJ craziness. I also have a green/taupe granny laredo that I picked up a few months ago, but it is a 01 and a slightly different shade.
Owned by my bosses wife for about 10 years and everything that was going to break was already replaced
She got rid of it because of the crummy gas mileage and wanted something new anyway, but like yours kept it super clean.

Congrats on the new toy.
What's in it 4.0/4.7-selectrac/QT?
jeepsterpitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 10:44 PM   #6
Tailspin57
1999 WJ 

Welcome

Here's my 99 Limited

Tailspin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 11:09 PM   #7
Muti007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsterpitt View Post
welcome to the WJ craziness. I also have a green/taupe granny laredo that I picked up a few months ago, but it is a 01 and a slightly different shade.
Owned by my bosses wife for about 10 years and everything that was going to break was already replaced
She got rid of it because of the crummy gas mileage and wanted something new anyway, but like yours kept it super clean.

Congrats on the new toy.
What's in it 4.0/4.7-selectrac/QT?
Thanks. 4.0 SelecTrac
Unread Yesterday, 11:36 PM   #8
losttech

2000 WJ 

Nice color and those rims are great for the price with the tires you cant beat them.
And you can always pick up a fancy set of MOAB or RUBI later on down the road.
Read the FAQ's browse the threads and soon you will be a WJ jedi
losttech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 01:08 AM   #9
Muti007

^^ So right now I guess Im a WJ padawan

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.