A bit of background -- my issue was wanting an upgrade for the upper control arm bushings, which I was wearing out a bit too fast for my liking. Not only that, but they are a major PITA to replace. I looked to Currie's Johnny Joint, which others have used as a replacement on the housing side, which is a direct swap with the 2" jj. There is no direct swap for the tube side mount, however. In my opinion, it only makes sense to use either 2 bushings, or 2 jj's, not a combination of both. [IRO long arm users do not have this issue since the "iron y" negates the passenger upper control arm].
Currie joints are arguably the best out there due to quality, strength and the added benefit of 30* of movement over a "fixed" rubber bushing. The natural movement of the joint is good for my set-up as well since Clayton's upper arms are just a tad bit misaligned by the nature of their design (which is probably why I have been eating through upper bushings more rapidly due to the constant preload). The joints do have an interior urethane bushing, and not simply a solid metal joint as some would think. Plus, they are 100% rebuildable in place, which is even better.
Currie makes a bracket piece with the jj welded in place. They market it to TJ's, XJ's, etc... and not to the WJ/ZJ crowd apparently because the tube side upper control arm mount is more narrow. I ordered this anyway and figured I'd make it work:
Note that it comes with an extra 2" jj, which really isn't bad for the total price. (SEE FOR SALE SECTION for my spare 2" JJ )
The piece is solid metal. It is indeed larger than the WJ upper control arm bracket, so I had to shave a bit off 2 sides. That was all the modification it needed. I cut off the existing bracket, leaving 2" of bracket. Placed the Currie piece inside, gave it a few whacks with a hammer, and it was then ready to weld. The finished mount is very solid. I may still put a couple gussets on there down the road for even more strength, but is probably overkill. The following pics show the end product, and I finished her off with the wire wheel and a fresh paint job. In the one pic, you can see the empty housing bore where the other jj goes.
Edit: sorry if the pics are xlarge & upside down -- not sure what happened there.