JKS track bar on wj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > JKS track bar on wj

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 03-15-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
masonater84
2000 WJ 

JKS track bar on wj

I recently replaced the busings on my JKS track bar on my 2000 wj which made a huge difference in how she drives and got rid of most of the death wobble i was having. I reinstalled the bar the same as it came out but then a few days later i noticed someones pic on this forum showing it installed with the adjustable side of the bar mounted to the axle and not the body like mine is. Can someone tell me if mine was put in right? If anyone has a pic of the front end underside with the JKS installed that would be great too! Thanks

masonater84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
masonater84
2000 WJ 

anyone have a thought?
Unread 03-15-2010, 10:46 PM   #3
EisBlade
1999 WJ 

Wow...

The JKS has a preformed curve in it. That track bar needs to be installed with the adjustable section to the left and the curvature on the right side so that, when installed properly, it conforms with and goes around the curve of the front differential.
The largest forum on Facebook for Road King and larger touring models.

Disclaimer:Not responsible for men of weak character.
EisBlade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2010, 10:50 PM   #4
masonater84
2000 WJ 

no need for wowing, it was just a simple question. but thanks, looks like the shop did put it in wrong afterall
Unread 03-15-2010, 10:53 PM   #5
EisBlade
1999 WJ 

We all make mistakes...and it is comical when you think about it. If you plan on tooling on your own vehicle you'll have to learn to laugh at yourself too. Great medicine.

You're able to fit 265x75's on with only 2.5 inches? Did you have to trim any, or do you rub some?
edit: ohh, with uc springs. That's what, 3.5in total then?
The largest forum on Facebook for Road King and larger touring models.

Disclaimer:Not responsible for men of weak character.
EisBlade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2010, 01:07 AM   #6
masonater84
2000 WJ 

There was some rubbing on around the bottom of the fogs but a dremel took care of that. I really like the way the 265/75's fit and look. Yep, right about at 3.5'', i think, its been a while since the lift was put in and i measured. Ill check it out tomorrow when i switch the track bar around. The shop also broke one of the bump stop bolts off and never told me, i wish they hadnt gone out of business or id call them up and give them a piece of my mind!
Unread 03-16-2010, 01:28 AM   #7
WJChris
Four Badges

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonater84 View Post
i wish they hadnt gone out of business or id call them up and give them a piece of my mind!
now I guess we know why.

Ill second EIS, the TB position you described is backwards, adjustable side closest to the axle.
WJChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.