Just got done with my swap, here's my offerings....
- 9/16" stubby 12pt box/open end wrench is a MUST for the top two nuts
- stated earlier is to drop the crossmember 2-3" to make access to the top 2 nuts easier..... after you drop it down 2-3" go ahead and remove the cross member and tranny mount from transmission. Makes getting to the two bottom bolts MUCH easier and give you more overall room to work. Also saves time cussing and throwing wrenches.
- takes just under 2qts of ATF+4 to fill the t-case, uses a 10mm hex for fill and drain plugs.
- jumper harness to adapt the 242's indicator switch to the vehicle's harness is #56041438AA and was about $28.00
- The seal for the tranny output extension housing on the 5-45RFE is National Seal #710928 and was $14 at Advance Auto Parts
- The tailshaft slip yoke seal for the NP242HD is only available through dealership and is #05019026AA is is about $45.00!!!
- Front DS yoke swapped directly over with 1-1/8" socket, torque to 90-130ft-lbs
- You may need a T-30 torx for u-joint strap bolts on front axle.
- crossmember to frame bolts 50ft-lbs, tranny mount to tranny 35ft-lbs, crossmember to tranny mount 35ft-lbs.
still waiting on my DS to get here i bought on ebay, i could not find one within 100 miles of metro atlanta
2004 Wrangler X
2001 Grand Cherokee Ltd.
1997 Grand Cherokee Ltd.