Jeep Starting Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep Starting Issues

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 12-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
mrddye
2003 WJ 

Jeep Starting Issues

Gentleman. I have some issues getting the jeep to start.

When I turn the key to start the engine all I get is the clicking sound like the battery is dead.

So far I have:
Replaced the battery
Replaced the terminals
Had the alternator checked (its good)
Had the new battery checked (its good)

So I thought, ok starter, but here is where things get wierd. If I hook jumper cables up to it the thing fires right up? let it run for a while and try to start it on its own and its dead as hell. When i turn the key to the on position all the lights work, windows work, radio works, wipers go fast, everything is fine. Go to crank and its dead.

Please Help...

mrddye is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.