Jeep sat for a week. Now it wont stay running. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep sat for a week. Now it wont stay running.

Poison Spyder Ricochet RockersROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
Lil_Ape
2002 WJ 

Jeep sat for a week. Now it wont stay running.

It's an '02 with the 4.7. It sat for a week while i was doing suspension work to it. And i go to start it up just now and it will start up, then die immediately after. Wont even run for a second. Only way to keep it running was to stay on the gas, once you let off, it dies. And It sounded weak. All i did was replace all shocks, end links and steering stabilizer. I already tried both of my keys thinking the chip in one key was bad, that didn't help. I removed my tune, that also didn't help. So im stumped. It started and ran just fine a week ago when I parked it.

Ive got half a tank of gas. And the only thing i can really think of is some sensor went out. Or maybe the cam sensor is out. Had one replaced a few years ago when it was doing this same thing. Also i've had a dead battery and idk if when i tried starting it up with a dead battery, if it fried a sensor or what. Also, I had no cel or codes being thrown up. Any one have any ideas? Before i have a mechanic come out to look at it.

Unread 08-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
99SK04GTX
2004 WJ 

Try another battery in it. They are real funny about having a full voltage battery, they might crank but not run right
99SK04GTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Yeah, sounds like the PCM is re-learning. I'd replace that battery. Once you do that, drive it around for 15-20 minutes and it should start running better, if not, you also have a different problem. Could need a TB cleaning, too.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
Lil_Ape
2002 WJ 

I had cables hooked up from my tahoe. So It was getting enough juice to fire up. But i do have a new battery on one of my trucks i could use by itself. And as far as the tb goes. I put a new bbk tb on about a month ago. cleaned up all the sensors when i put it on. and spark plugs only have maybe 10k miles on them.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.