Jeep Recall on Shattering Clockspring? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep Recall on Shattering Clockspring?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
webby88
2000 WJ 

Jeep Recall on Shattering Clockspring?

A while ago my mechanic noticed that I was getting an intermittent airbag indicator and told me that there was a recall on it from Jeep since the clock-spring failed. Is this true, or is it an out of pocket expense of my own?

Unread 04-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
imaguy3
2004 WJ 

bookmark this site... www.wjjeeps.com has tons of info.

http://wjjeeps.com/recall.htm

I saw a couple recalls on passenger airbags... best thing to do is call Jeep with your VIN and they can tell you all recalls that apply
imaguy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
DGriz
2009 JK Wrangler 

Jk

I found the recall information here: http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Owners/

Here's what it says:
CHRYSLER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2008-2012 RIGHT HAND DRIVE (RHD) JEEP WRANGLER VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM FEBRUARY 1, 2007, THROUGH OCTOBER 10, 2011. SOME VEHICLES MAY BE EQUIPPED WITH DRIVER'S AIRBAG CLOCKSPRING ASSEMBLIES THAT COULD EXPERIENCE A COMPROMISED AIRBAG CIRCUIT RESULTING IN AN AIRBAG LAMP ILLUMINATION, WHICH INDICATES THAT THE AIRBAG MAY NOT DEPLOY.

CONSEQUENCE:
A BROKEN ELECTRICAL CIRCUIT IN THE AIRBAG CLOCKSPRING WIRING ASSEMBLY CAN LEAD TO NON-DEPLOYMENT OF THE DRIVER FRONTAL AIRBAG AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROPERLY PROTECT THE DRIVER IN THE EVENT OF A CRASH, INCREASING THE RISK OF INJURIES.

REMEDY:
CHRYSLER WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND REMEDY THE VEHICLES AS NECESSARY FREE OF CHARGE. CHRYSLER WILL MAIL TO OWNERS AN INTERIM NOTIFICATION DURING MARCH 2012. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.

NOTES:
CHRYSLER'S RECALL NUMBER IS L37. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236

There is an online complaint form that I encourage everyone to complete so that we can convince them that the recall needs to include more than just "CERTAIN MODEL YEAR" Wranglers that they have currently identified. There is obviously a larger number of Jeeps effected than what they are willing to admit.

Here's the link to the form: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml
DGriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
xtremzj
1998 ZJ 

And if the airbag light isn't on the. We can't do anything.
QuirkWorks Sponsored #44 subaru rally car
CHRYSLER CERTIFIED MASTER TECH. PM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
xtremzj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.