Jeep overland - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep overland

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 05-25-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
gundog1

Jeep overland

Ok guys I am giving up my searches. its a 2002 jeep overland with 4.7L v8
-I am looking for front bumper what works?
-Lift kit... 2 inch? or 3 inch? I heard 3 inch and up is too squirrley for the overland cause it's all wheel drive; is it true?
-airintake...What is best to run on the 4.7L? I used K&N on my cummins so what do you all use? I don't want to be oiling it all the time like K&N

Thanks gents! going from diesel to this little gas puddle is a little different lol. And I totally miss my MPG. Is 13 MPG normal for the jeep? Or is there something wrong?

gundog1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 02:41 AM   #2
ialatham4
2001 WJ 

13 mpg is normal I have a 2001 limited and that's what I get
ialatham4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #3
jeep04
2004 WJ 

A 3" kit is fine, it rides great in my opinion and what i started out with but after that there is a lot more parts involved to keep ride quality...

As far as what bumper, do you mean like a winch type bumper like the LSR, ARB type??

Don't use a K&N filters they are garbage just buy a wix drop in type , and i think you should be getting a little more then 13 MPG unless your heavy on the skinny pedal as i get 13 with E-load range tires and a 6.5" lift.... There are a ton of threads about gas mileage and what you should change/replace in an attempt to get better MPG.

Some claim to get mid 20's in the MPG but i think that's quite a stretch as even stock when i bought mine 7 years ago i think i was getting 16-18 MPG
04 Jeep wj Limited 4.7 <> 6.5" Iron Rock long arms front & Adjustable lowers on rear <> Bilstein 5100's <> 285/70r17 Goodyear Duratracs <> M/T black classic lock wheels <> Addco swaybars <> Superchips 3875 <> Magnaflow Stainless exhaust <> 2 Kicker comp 12's <> Kenwood head unit.
jeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
gundog1

Ya i'm just looking for a bumper to protect from brush have a winch and some lights. I'm not too worried about bull bar type as I am not a crazy off roader anymore. I mainly just go till I can't drive anymore and continue on foot. I will look into that wix. Thanks.
Unread 05-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #5
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundog1
Ya i'm just looking for a bumper to protect from brush have a winch and some lights. I'm not too worried about bull bar type as I am not a crazy off roader anymore. I mainly just go till I can't drive anymore and continue on foot. I will look into that wix. Thanks.
Get the fawkes fab front shackle mounts with bull bar relocation kit. Pm me if you want a brand new set.
Timbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #6
Schlotzky
2007 XK Commander 

There really isn't much of anything to be gained on the intake, especially with the HO intake. You could put a drop in K&N filter or Airaid or one of the high-flow dry filters, but don't expect any seat of the pants difference.

Since your Overland has Upcountry springs, you're already an inch higher than other Jeeps, so a 2 inch lift for you will be equivalent to a 3 inch on another Jeep. Since 4" is where you start needing a lot more parts, 2 inch would be a better option if you don't want to spend a ton.
Schlotzky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #7
gundog1

Cool so 2 inch it is! Thx a ton now I just noticed looking at prices of shocks that the shocks like skyjacker and products like that are way cheaper then prices at o'riellys. What brand should I go with 2 inch wise??? Rustys? or else were?
And awesome Timbo! exactly what i'm looking for! Thank
Unread 05-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #8
WJEEPSMASS
2003 WJ 

I would talk to Kolak and ask him about his 2 inch budget lift.. i believe it's around 120? and then the shocks are bilsteins 5100's for around 300. PM kolak and he can price it out for you CHEAPER than where your looking.... Or email him: kolak@aol.com
WJEEPSMASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #9
gundog1

OK GUYS! sitrep... I did the 2 inch today by myself. Never did this type work before and I did it in 3 1/2 hours. Looks good! All I got to get is the shocks now.
Unread 06-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #10
bugaboots
2002 WJ 

Pics????
Unread 06-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #11
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

pics or it didn't happen...
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #12
lazyWJ
2002 WJ 

That's quick. But yeah, pics or you are just a big fat liar.
"Bought, Not Built"
lazyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 11:37 PM   #13
gundog1

LOL I will get pics But I have to wait till tomorrow because (here comes a joke that is sadly true) My phone is so old it doesn't have a camera I broke my smart phone. So I will takes pics off computer in the day light and post.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.