Jeep Grand Cherokee... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep Grand Cherokee...

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 04-16-2003, 09:04 AM   #1
bragabenz

Question Jeep Grand Cherokee...

Hello Jeep lovers!

I would love to pick up a new Grand Cherokee, but, I would only do so if it was stick.

Does anyone own a Grand Cherokee with a manual transmission?

"Oh yeah it's stick. And absolutely loving it!"
bragabenz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2003, 11:23 PM   #2
Interloper

I think 1993 was the only model year available with a standard transmission, maybe a few 1994's had them. Not real sure, but there is some out there.

"nobody cares what's underneath," ...Dieter Zetsche
Interloper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2003, 11:33 PM   #3
bragabenz

Quote:
Originally posted by Interloper
I think 1993 was the only model year available with a standard transmission, maybe a few 1994's had them. Not real sure, but there is some out there.
Thanks for the info. I would love to get the latest Grand Cherokee with a 5 spd. manual transmission. I've been told by some that it can be done through a special order through the dealer. I spoke with a salesperson at one of the local dealerships and he states it is not possible.

Unread 05-02-2003, 09:12 AM   #4
littlewaywelt

I think there were about 2000 MT's made in 94 and early 95.
I have only seen 1 since then and I have not yet seen one for sale although I do look and run searches occasionally.

The current model is not available in 5spd.
01 XJ sport auto i6 08-? 7k
littlewaywelt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2003, 11:13 AM   #5
bragabenz

Red face

Thanks for the info. It's a shame Chrysler doesn't offer the current model in a 5 psd. I would love to get one. It's obvious the market demands for the Grand Cherokee to be an automatic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.