Jeep grand cherokee 1999 problem update - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep grand cherokee 1999 problem update

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 07-04-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
ALEXANDER666

Jeep grand cherokee 1999 problem update

MY OLD THREAD MESSAGE......

i have a jeep grand cherokee 1999

I came home from work yesterday, turned it off and this morning when I came out to go to work it won't start. When I turn the key it will try to turn over but it just won't start.

I noticed there is a key with a slash symbol lit up on the dash. I was told this is the anti-theft device in the car. I was also told there is a way to reset the key to the vehicle by using the key in a series of events like unlocking the door a number of times, etc. Was wondering if anyone had any idea how to do this?

i dont have the money for dealers

UPDATE.........

i have had a scan done and its showing code 001, and i was told thats not a code and it maybe the fuel pump, i have had the fuel pump off (that was not fun doing) and it dose work o.k, but i have tested it and it has no power going to it, but power to the fuel gauge bit, but not the pump, and also alarm light on the dash is on solid to, can anyone please please please please HELP ME, i dont have much money at the mo because of work and need to sort it, so hope someone can, thanks

ALEXANDER666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
F4D
1996 ZJ 

I am betting that the Key light is the problem. It shuts down voltage to fuel pump. I don't know the procedure for activating the key but a call to the dealer should do ya.
F4D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #3
nlynd1978
2001 WJ 

First, search there are many threads with this info.

second, you at some point will need to go to the dealer. Whether to get your codes read (not all codes can be seen using the key trick) or to have your Skim replaced. The dealer has to program it when its replaced with your keys.

Looking for help- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/completely-turns-off-while-driving-no-codes-1049268/
nlynd1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.