Jeep airbag and seatbelt light on at the same time ??? - JeepForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 12-21-2013, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
FordExplorer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Greenville
Posts: 207
Jeep airbag and seatbelt light on at the same time ???

I switch instrument cluster today and now i got a air bag light and seatbelt light on all the time ... The old instrument cluster never had this problem .. Any suggest what's going on? ????????? thank

the Instrument Cluster i got now is from a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7

My Jeep is from 2000 4.0

Here is a video of the problem i been having



FordExplorer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 12-21-2013, 04:35 PM
mycreativename
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Amherst
Posts: 2,175
I very distinctly remember reading about some issue with the seatbelt light coming on when swapping a 03/04 gauge cluster into an older model. Did it start doing this right after you put the cluster in?

99' WJ, 2.5" Rusty's, Bilstein 5100's, JKS TrackBar, Moog SuperTrailBoss
"With enough fabbing, time & $, it's certainly possible.
That being said, it's like boinkin' your sister...just because you can, doesn't mean you should." - Double E
mycreativename is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 12-21-2013, 04:39 PM
jfaulk
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 124
^^^I remember reading something about this too. Sorry I can't be more help.
jfaulk is offline  
post #4 of 10 Old 12-21-2013, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
FordExplorer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Greenville
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycreativename View Post
I very distinctly remember reading about some issue with the seatbelt light coming on when swapping a 03/04 gauge cluster into an older model. Did it start doing this right after you put the cluster in?
Yes sir . Is there any way to turn off the air bag light off atleast?
FordExplorer is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 12-21-2013, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
FordExplorer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Greenville
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulk View Post
^^^I remember reading something about this too. Sorry I can't be more help.
Where did you read this ?
FordExplorer is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 12-21-2013, 05:16 PM
mycreativename
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Amherst
Posts: 2,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordExplorer View Post
Yes sir . Is there any way to turn off the air bag light off atleast?
1. Remove cluster

2. Remove lightbulb

3. Reinstall cluster

4. Enjoy darkness

Haha. In all seriousness, I believe that was what a lot of those members did because the airbag still was functioning as it should, just that the cluster could not interpret that data correctly.

By the way, this was the first result in Google after putting in "gauge cluster swap wj seatbelt light on":

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...-swap-1244109/

99' WJ, 2.5" Rusty's, Bilstein 5100's, JKS TrackBar, Moog SuperTrailBoss
"With enough fabbing, time & $, it's certainly possible.
That being said, it's like boinkin' your sister...just because you can, doesn't mean you should." - Double E
mycreativename is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 12-21-2013, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
FordExplorer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Greenville
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycreativename View Post
1. Remove cluster

2. Remove lightbulb

3. Reinstall cluster

4. Enjoy darkness

Haha. In all seriousness, I believe that was what a lot of those members did because the airbag still was functioning as it should, just that the cluster could not interpret that data correctly.

By the way, this was the first result in Google after putting in "gauge cluster swap wj seatbelt light on":

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...-swap-1244109/
Thank .. But I did that already there's no light bulb for the air bag , only light bulb that is on the top where the air bag is the high beam light bulb that it .
FordExplorer is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 12-21-2013, 08:29 PM
jfaulk
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordExplorer View Post
Where did you read this ?
I know I'm a little behind the curve, but the link provided by "mycreativename" that references wjjeeps is exactly where I read it. I couldn't remember where I'd seen it, but once I started reading through that link, it refreshed my memory. Again, I know I'm not providing much help, but wanted to at least answer your question.
jfaulk is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 12-22-2013, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
FordExplorer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Greenville
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulk View Post
I know I'm a little behind the curve, but the link provided by "mycreativename" that references wjjeeps is exactly where I read it. I couldn't remember where I'd seen it, but once I started reading through that link, it refreshed my memory. Again, I know I'm not providing much help, but wanted to at least answer your question.
I got it fix just put black tape over the light and fix the problem
FordExplorer is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 12-22-2013, 11:24 AM
mycreativename
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Amherst
Posts: 2,175
Haha that works!

Sent from my blimp fortress using my carrier pigeons.

99' WJ, 2.5" Rusty's, Bilstein 5100's, JKS TrackBar, Moog SuperTrailBoss
"With enough fabbing, time & $, it's certainly possible.
That being said, it's like boinkin' your sister...just because you can, doesn't mean you should." - Double E
mycreativename is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome