IRO install, unkown washers. PLEASE HELP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > IRO install, unkown washers. PLEASE HELP

Advance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
LIMITEDwoLIMITS
2003 WJ 

IRO install, unkown washers. PLEASE HELP

Hey guys, so I got my IRO adj. trac bar and adj. front upper and lower CA's. I had to take my WJ to a fab shop since they wont let me work on it on base. In my box it came with a bag of fairly thick washers. Im not sure what they are for. Im thinking the Trac bar. Please let me know. I dont have any pictures. my bad. I just wanted to let the shop know for certain what they are for.
Thanks

Last edited by LIMITEDwoLIMITS; 07-14-2013 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: found part of the answer
LIMITEDwoLIMITS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
skain8
Under Construction

2002 WJ 

They are most likely for your lower control arms at the axle.

'02 WJ: 4.7L, 5", HP44/9", 231HD, tall & skinny KM2's
'99 XJ: stock
'99 XJ: stolen
'06 XK: sold
231HD build guide
skain8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

They are for the lower control arms. Two washers going on the axle side, (one on each side of arm). One washer goes on the outside of the frame mount so the control arm is spaced towards the middle. These are necessary to properly tighten the control arms with out bending the mounts. There should be a total of 6 washers. 3 for each arm. Make SURE they get put on PROPERLY or else your mounts will be bent and that isn't a fun time.

Axle side should be = axle mount-washer-control arm-washer-axle mount
Frame side = frame mount-control arm-washer-frame mount

Also most people put the jam nut facing the frame side as well.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
JimmydaGreek

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
They are for the lower control arms. Two washers going on the axle side, (one on each side of arm). One washer goes on the outside of the frame mount so the control arm is spaced towards the middle. These are necessary to properly tighten the control arms with out bending the mounts. There should be a total of 6 washers. 3 for each arm. Make SURE they get put on PROPERLY or else your mounts will be bent and that isn't a fun time.

Axle side should be = axle mount-washer-control arm-washer-axle mount
Frame side = frame mount-control arm-washer-frame mount

Also most people put the jam nut facing the frame side as well.
I'm in the middle of installing mine too and I got the washers on the axle side no prob. BUT, on the frame side my control arm fits perfect on the driver's side without a gap but it does has a slight gap for a washer on the passenger side. Should I bend out the frame mount on the driver's side to allow room for the washer?

Thanks...
Unread 07-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

I would use the washer on the Frame. Mine fit perfectly on each side with a washer. Why yours don't I couldn't tell you.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
JimmydaGreek

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
I would use the washer on the Frame. Mine fit perfectly on each side with a washer. Why yours don't I couldn't tell you.
Yeah me neither...room on one side and not on the other, strange.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.