iro auxiliary steering stabilizer on jks trackbar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > iro auxiliary steering stabilizer on jks trackbar

Only 2 Days left to win $3,800 Jeep Parts!Count Down to KOH Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
WJ_allday04

2004 WJ 

iro auxiliary steering stabilizer on jks trackbar

does anybody have a picture of the ironrockoffroad aux ss installed AND has a jks trackbar? I think I'm missing the u-bracket that goes on the trackbar bolt and the instructions are crap so I would like a pic to help me out. thanks!

24" light bar//x2 3" duallys//JK steelies//31's

My Build Thread
WJ_allday04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:02 AM   #2
WJ_allday04

2004 WJ 

anybody???
24" light bar//x2 3" duallys//JK steelies//31's

My Build Thread
WJ_allday04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2015, 07:01 PM   #3
MadCharger
2004 WJ 

I'm running into the same issue now, yet every thread I find is a dead end with no answer. The instructions don't match the hardware for the JKS bar, and can't find pics of how it should go :/
Unread 01-29-2015, 05:43 AM   #4
befirst
2000 WJ 

The instructions are crap. Also make sure the bolts will go thru both sleeves on the shock and are long enough. I had to drill one sleeve on upper shock and get longer bolts. Yes the clamp goes on the track bar but I had to use a c clamp to squeeze it enough to get a holt thru. I can send detailed pictures this afternoon whe I get home. Did mine a week ago.
befirst is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2015, 05:59 AM   #5
MadCharger
2004 WJ 

Pics would be great. Hoping to knock this out tonight. Thanks!!
Unread 01-29-2015, 08:20 AM   #6
ChrisHager
//Mr_Untouchable

2004 WJ 

Is this what you're trying to accomplish? I just grabbed an extra clamp from my old track bar and moved it up. It sure is nice having it up and out of the way!

Before:

After:

Hers: 2000 TJ
Hers: 2010 Jetta

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2015, 08:32 AM   #7
MadCharger
2004 WJ 

Thanks Chris! Yes, I think that's exactly what I need to get an idea of how to do it. I guess my concern was with keeping it as parallel as possible with the drag link. When quickly looking at mine, I couldn't tell if I would be able to do that without causing some interference somewhere.
Unread 01-29-2015, 08:39 AM   #8
MadCharger
2004 WJ 

Found this image also on Kevin's site. Hard to see the drag link end, but looks a lot like yours, so that's the route I'll go for

Unread 01-29-2015, 09:12 AM   #9
PolarWolf

I assume these instructions? I'm not a native english speaker, but they seem pretty clear to me. It could do with pictures though. I don't know exactly (yet ) what makes a JKS track bar different from a standard one, but apparently there's a difference in the steering stabilizer product when you have a JKS. You did get the JKS trackbar specific one, no?

If what you received looks anything like the picture on the IRO website you should have a clamp that goes on the drag link and a "U" shaped bracket that goes on the track bar bolt. Even without clear instructions it should be pretty easy to figure out. If you're indeed missing a part, now would be the time to contact your reseller or IRO and have it sent over.
Unread 01-29-2015, 09:15 AM   #10
MadCharger
2004 WJ 

Yep. Those instructions are for the stock track bar. The JKS trackbar comes with different hardware, and no instructions for where it should be positioned. It should be obvious, but always easier to see a pic of one, so I can get a better idea of where it should connect to the track bar (since it's an odd shape, and pretty tight up near the top). The instructions lead you to think the driver side connects to the track bar, and pass side to the drag link. But the two pics above made me realize I need to swap those positions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarWolf View Post
I assume these instructions? I'm not a native english speaker, but they seem pretty clear to me. It could do with pictures though.

If what you received looks anything like the picture on the IRO website you should have a clamp that goes on the drag link and a "U"shaped bracket that goes on the track bar bolt. Even without clear instructions it should be pretty easy to figure out. If you're indeed missing a part, now would be the time to contact your reseller or IRO and have it sent over.
Unread 01-29-2015, 09:18 AM   #11
PolarWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCharger View Post
Yep. Those instructions are for the stock track bar. The JKS trackbar comes with different hardware, and no instructions for where it should be positioned. It should be obvious, but always easier to see a pic of one, so I can get a better idea of where it should connect to the track bar (since it's an odd shape, and pretty tight up near the top).
I agree, pictures are a good help and IMO any decent installation manual should have them. Myself, I tend to use youtube a lot for instructional videos on how to do stuff.
Unread 01-29-2015, 04:42 PM   #12
befirst
2000 WJ 

Here is my IRO second stabilizer installed on JKS trackbar
tmp_30407-rps20150129_1738071704527779.jpg

tmp_30407-rps20150129_1738071304860562.jpg

befirst is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2015, 07:33 AM   #13
MadCharger
2004 WJ 

Perfect! Thanks!!

That's how I attempted to do mine last night. Unfortunately, I used one of the bar clamps for my primary stabilizer, since the stock clamp wouldn't fit the JKS tie rod :/. I was going to remove the primary anyway, but couldn't get the dang bolt loose on the axle end. Off to pick up a longer breaker bar tonight.....
Unread 01-30-2015, 08:04 AM   #14
ChrisHager
//Mr_Untouchable

2004 WJ 

Just as an FYI - The nut on the axle side mount is welded on. Look very close in this picture and you'll see it attached to the bracket.

Hers: 2000 TJ
Hers: 2010 Jetta

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2015, 08:16 AM   #15
MadCharger
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
Just as an FYI - The nut on the axle side mount is welded on. Look very close in this picture and you'll see it attached to the bracket.

I owe you a beer!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.