IRO A Arm 3'' lift ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > IRO A Arm 3'' lift ?

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 09-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #16
Josh414
1999 WJ 

Tollmtn
I was out wrenching on it when you clarified for me however Im currently at 7* pinion and 5.5-6 on the tc the way its set the Axle is set back a bit further but Im ok with it for now. Do you think the drive shaft yoke being out .5" more than stock is going to cause any issues?

Josh414 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #17
Josh414
1999 WJ 

It concerns me having that nut on the inside ie not captured in the arm if it comes loose
Unread 09-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #18
Tollmtn
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh414 View Post
It concerns me having that nut on the inside ie not captured in the arm if it comes loose
If your happy that is all that counts.

But for general info....Unless IRO cut the threaded stub length more than necessary to keep the threaded stub from bottoming out on the gusset plate like it does in picture 1 above the nut is captured on the inside as well. It is trapped by the gusset plate once you screw the adjustment in where it should go with 3 or 4" of lift. If you think about it, one way or the other the adjustment can not turn or unscrew even if the lock nut loosens. So it is quite possible you are worrying about a non issue.

Yes...IRO may have whined about it but they figured out I was correct about having to bottom out the adjustment at 4" of lift. To accomplish that IRO modified the stub so the nut to can be moved to the inside. They should change their advertising and the picture on their web site and alert people to this fact. But then they would be admitting the adjustment is useless with lifts up to around 5 or 6" unless you buy adjustable LCAs.
Tollmtn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #19
wvracer821
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

i had to flip my nut to the inside so i could get the pinion angle spot on. the A arm is actually a little long for a 3" lift. my bushings on the body side are twisted just a bit at ride height.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/
wvracer821 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #20
Josh414
1999 WJ 

Thanks for the help guys any idea regarding the transfer case yoke
Unread 09-19-2013, 04:24 AM   #21
asatxj
2001 WJ 

You mean the rear drive shaft yoke? 1/2" shouldn't be a problem. I had an XJ that I ran that way for 5 years with no issues.
ASAT= All Season All Terrain
asatxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #22
Josh414
1999 WJ 

Well I should be fine then Thanks for the help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.