IRO adjustable arm question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > IRO adjustable arm question

Hella Rallye 1000 Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Black Magic HalogFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Jeep Wrangler Hurricane Flat Fender Flare Kits for 2007-20

Unread 03-13-2014, 04:10 AM   #1
veiri86

2003 WJ 

IRO adjustable arm question

I have the IRO adjustable arms but after I adjusted them they are still loose as I can't find a proper hex key to tighten that hex bolts shown in the white circles in the photo below, if anybody had luck knowing the size I will be grateful

img_20140313_140444.jpg

Sent from ME

01' 4.7 Limited WJ 5" lifted, Rubicon Express 4.5" coil springs with IRO critical path setup and Bilstien 5100 shocks all around, JKS adjustable Trackbar (KOR bushings), JKS HD tie rod (MOOG problem solver Ends), JKS HD drag link (Moog Probel solver Ends), 4.56 Yukon ring and pinion, Moog HD SSD107 Steering Stabilizer, IRO Front drive shaft conversion, Stillen slotted rotors all around with Stillen brake pads, IRO adjustable A-Arm, 3" all the way Kolak Exhaust with High flow Magnaflow Cat. Converter and Flowmaster Super 50 Muffler, 285/70R17 AT Kumho (33") on 17" BlackWheel rims 909B, K&N Cold air intake, Four nozzles Bosch injectors, and Flashpaq 3780.

03' 4.7 H.O WJ 3" lifted, OME HD with 0.5" Coil spacers and Bilstien 5100 shocks all around, JKS adjustable Trackbar (KOR bushings), Moog Problem solver TRE's, IRO Front drive shaft conversion, IRO adjustable A-Arm, High flow magnaflow mini cats, high flow magnaflow cat, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 265/65R17 AT Yokohama on 17" Rays rims, and Flashpaq 3780
veiri86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2014, 08:30 AM   #2
ZJPunk98
2002 WJ 

Which arms are these? I will call them for you and get the size allen key.

98 ZJ 5.2L JGC Limited Sold
02 4.7L HO JGC Overland
ZJPunk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2014, 08:40 AM   #3
veiri86

2003 WJ 

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.
They are the front Y arms for the 4" IRO lift kit critical path.

Thanks a lot in advance

Sent from ME

01' 4.7 Limited WJ 5" lifted, Rubicon Express 4.5" coil springs with IRO critical path setup and Bilstien 5100 shocks all around, JKS adjustable Trackbar (KOR bushings), JKS HD tie rod (MOOG problem solver Ends), JKS HD drag link (Moog Probel solver Ends), 4.56 Yukon ring and pinion, Moog HD SSD107 Steering Stabilizer, IRO Front drive shaft conversion, Stillen slotted rotors all around with Stillen brake pads, IRO adjustable A-Arm, 3" all the way Kolak Exhaust with High flow Magnaflow Cat. Converter and Flowmaster Super 50 Muffler, 285/70R17 AT Kumho (33") on 17" BlackWheel rims 909B, K&N Cold air intake, Four nozzles Bosch injectors, and Flashpaq 3780.

03' 4.7 H.O WJ 3" lifted, OME HD with 0.5" Coil spacers and Bilstien 5100 shocks all around, JKS adjustable Trackbar (KOR bushings), Moog Problem solver TRE's, IRO Front drive shaft conversion, IRO adjustable A-Arm, High flow magnaflow mini cats, high flow magnaflow cat, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 265/65R17 AT Yokohama on 17" Rays rims, and Flashpaq 3780
Unread 03-13-2014, 09:56 AM   #4
Tollmtn
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by veiri86 View Post
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.
They are the front Y arms for the 4" IRO lift kit critical path.

Thanks a lot in advance

Sent from ME
If they still use the same size they did when mine were built....You need a 3/16" (.1875") allen wrench. If you can not find an inch allen wrench you might change the bolts to M. I think the size would be around M6.

Also....Veri your pictures are blurry but it looks to me like IRO has changed the design of their flex joints, they look like they contain the guts with a snap ring. If at all possible would you please take some pictures of both sides of the flex joints. And If you have one that is not assembled please take some pictures of the internal parts. Previously they used a flex joint that was bolted together.
Tollmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2014, 11:50 AM   #5
veiri86

2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollmtn View Post

If they still use the same size they did when mine were built....You need a 3/16" (.1875") allen wrench. If you can not find an inch allen wrench you might change the bolts to M. I think the size would be around M6.

Also....Veri your pictures are blurry but it looks to me like IRO has changed the design of their flex joints, they look like they contain the guts with a snap ring. If at all possible would you please take some pictures of both sides of the flex joints. And If you have one that is not assembled please take some pictures of the internal parts. Previously they used a flex joint that was bolted together.
Thanks a lot for your feedback, always am stuck with inch or US bolts and nuts while all the ones here are metric, for example I had to order the jam nut for my IRO adjustable track bar from the US as IRO forgot to send it and here such thread type is not available.

Concerning the photo, actually this is not an actual photo, I found it online and marked the bolts, but I will snap some real shots tomorrow for the arms and post them on here

Sent from ME

Unread 03-13-2014, 09:22 PM   #6
veiri86

2003 WJ 

Here are the bolts on the IRO arm which I can't find a matching hex key size here to tighten it

Are these arms similar to yours Tollmtn?

Sent from ME

Unread 03-14-2014, 10:35 AM   #7
Tollmtn
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by veiri86 View Post
Here are the bolts on the IRO arm which I can't find a matching hex key size here to tighten it

Are these arms similar to yours Tollmtn?

Sent from ME
Yes that is the same clamp as on mine. The allen wrench size is 3/16 inch.
Look at the sizes below. You may be able to find M6 bolts locally, you could just replace the bolts. The only issue would be if the counter bore for the bolt head on the arm is large enough for the metric bolt head. You could buy one M6 bolt and nut and give it a try to see if that would work.

1/4" bolt = .250" diameter, Head outside diameter .375", allen wrench 3/16"

M6 bolt = .236" diameter, Head outside diameter .393", allen wrench 5mm
Tollmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2014, 10:26 AM   #8
ZJPunk98
2002 WJ 

I forgot to call IRO the other day, got busy sorry. Just tried them to provide you with their answer but they are closed for the day.

I am sure Tollmtn is right on.

98 ZJ 5.2L JGC Limited Sold
02 4.7L HO JGC Overland
ZJPunk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2014, 11:49 AM   #9
veiri86

2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJPunk98 View Post
I forgot to call IRO the other day, got busy sorry. Just tried them to provide you with their answer but they are closed for the day.

I am sure Tollmtn is right on.
No worries bro. Really I appreciate your assistance.

Actually Tollmtn is my reference for anything related to IRO as his feedback based on actual experience not just theories.

Sent from ME

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.