IRO 3 inch lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > IRO 3 inch lift

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-08-2014, 12:14 PM   #1
4x2WJ
2002 WJ 

IRO 3 inch lift

I am about to order the IRO 3 inch lift for my 02 overland and had a few questions. I've done some searching and seen that some people say they got a steering stabilizer and then there are some who didn't even mention anything about a steering stabilizer. I'm going to get the basic lift (hydro shocks) since this will mainly be a daily driver and not so much intense trail riding. With that said, will just getting the springs, shocks, track bar, and sway bar links be enough? I already have 265/70R17 BF Goodrich all-terrains put on also.

4x2WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2014, 01:22 PM   #2
mxjosh

Yes it will be enough to work. The kit is complete, but it is highly suggested to upgrade your SS while you are at it. Depending on what your budget is, I would also recommend looking into getting new spring isolators ($100 for the complete set) possibly a small spacer for it to sit level (depending on what drive shaft you have), and longer front end links for the front sway bar to go back to its original orientation ($40 zone links).....But yes you can just install the kit as is and will be fine. These are just suggestions. I did all of these things when I put my IRO kit on.
JK take off's and 32's
mxjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #3
4x2WJ
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxjosh
Yes it will be enough to work. The kit is complete, but it is highly suggested to upgrade your SS while you are at it. Depending on what your budget is, I would also recommend looking into getting new spring isolators ($100 for the complete set) possibly a small spacer for it to sit level (depending on what drive shaft you have), and longer front end links for the front sway bar to go back to its original orientation ($40 zone links).....But yes you can just install the kit as is and will be fine. These are just suggestions. I did all of these things when I put my IRO kit on.
What steering stabilizer did you use?
Unread 07-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #4
mxjosh

I'm using a rough country one right now, I put it on about a year ago when I did my BB lift...I am getting some slight death wobble though between 45-55, and it is on my list to inspect so I can't say it was the best option yet. I would look around at what others are running.
JK take off's and 32's
mxjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #5
NCWJWK2
2000 WJ 

Yes get a SS. I am not "100%" happy with my Moog but it is, at the moment, still doing it's job.
NCWJWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #6
4x2WJ
2002 WJ 

Just ordered my lift from kolak. 3 inch IRO springs with adjustable trackbar, pro comp 9000 shocks, and all 8 isolators. Opted out of steering stabilizer for now.
Unread 07-08-2014, 06:19 PM   #7
sysyphus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x2WJ View Post
Just ordered my lift from kolak. 3 inch IRO springs with adjustable trackbar, pro comp 9000 shocks, and all 8 isolators. Opted out of steering stabilizer for now.
All 8?
sysyphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2014, 07:22 PM   #8
4x2WJ
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysyphus
All 8?
Yes?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.