IOWA - Idiots Out Wandering Around - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > IOWA - Idiots Out Wandering Around

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-14-2010, 04:59 PM   #16
wj4play
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

cool, Like I said its a dream right now, have to save sum$$$ first lol. Maybe next year then if its that busy, guess i didnt think about booking rooms and places in advanced.

I could always sleep in the jeep :-)

Unread 12-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #17
WJwheelin
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by towerdude View Post
Yeah that is quite a haul. I may shoot ya a message in January over Martin Luther King weekend (3 day weekend for me) cause I am heading to Colorado. I will be back that way again over Easter also.
Hey where in Colorado will you be? if you close to the Moab side see if you can make a trip my way we'll get you plenty of great pics
WJwheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #18
OneLoud
2004 TJ Wrangler 

There are tons of level B roads by Waterloo! I have family down in Dysart and every other road outside of town is level B.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/pay-forward-1091342/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/pay-forward-1091342/[/URL]
^Check this thread out!!!^

"What is this? It's my car, it's a Prius. It literally feels like I'm riding around in a vigina right now!"
OneLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 01:46 AM   #19
towerdude
1980 CJ7 

yo wj4play - I have a buddy with a condo at MOAB. Been trying to make it out there for a couple of years now. Lets make it happen.

2004 WJ Limited - "Total Eclipse" - 4" RC Lift, 265/70/17 Cooper ST's, 4.7L, Huge stereo, Roof Rack, Smittybilt 98281 XRC 8 Comp Series Black Winch with Synthetic Rope and Aluminum Fairlead mounted on reciever plate.
towerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 01:55 AM   #20
towerdude
1980 CJ7 

Here are some pics from Leadville CO over Easter 2010. I am def going back but mostly for the girl! Who would have thought that getting stuck would be such a good thing. Never thought it would be by such a cute little southern gal clear the heck up in the mountains. Her first comment was that if the truck wouldn't pull me out that she had an endloader she would go get. She has blocks on the pedals to drive it cause she is so short tho!
jeep-rescuer.jpg   snow-wj3.jpg   snow-wj4.jpg  

2004 WJ Limited - "Total Eclipse" - 4" RC Lift, 265/70/17 Cooper ST's, 4.7L, Huge stereo, Roof Rack, Smittybilt 98281 XRC 8 Comp Series Black Winch with Synthetic Rope and Aluminum Fairlead mounted on reciever plate.
towerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #21
wj4play
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by towerdude View Post
yo wj4play - I have a buddy with a condo at MOAB. Been trying to make it out there for a couple of years now. Lets make it happen.
Maybe this summer. I have a few things I want to get fixed and would like to save a bundle up before I make the trek. Do you have have any land you wheel up in your area?
Unread 12-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #22
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Where in Nebraska do you guys wheel? Up in halsey national forest?
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #23
smunns

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb05 View Post
Where in Nebraska do you guys wheel? Up in halsey national forest?
Private land that some guys up in the Broken Bow/Thedford area own. I think some of it actually borders Halsey. It's awesome! Check out http://www.nebraska4x4.org. We plan wheeling trips fairly often, and there's quite a few guys from Kearney on there.
smunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #24
WJwheelin
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smunns View Post
In the past, I've rode along with some guys that tow their built Wranglers down. It's the way to go if you have the ability to tow your rig. I plan on driving my WJ this year since it's not too extremely built yet. I usually rent a condo, but there's some others in the group that camp at the local RV parks. If you plan on going this year, book a place to stay asap. It fills up fast! We booked our condo back in September. I'll be out there April 20/21-24th.
Let me know when your here, I live in Moab.
actually anybody let me know if your here
WJwheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 10:20 AM   #25
nickc50310

I actually got to do a little light wheeling for the first time in my overland this weekend! My girlfriends uncle owns some land outside of webster city. It is mostly corn field but there was a little gully with a couple little hils and big snow drifts I got to play in. Woohoo!
nickc50310 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.