Installing Factory Fogs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Installing Factory Fogs

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
get_keebsy
2001 WJ 

Installing Factory Fogs

Hi I have an 01 WJ and want to install factory fogs. There are many listings cheap on eBay for these but my jeep didn't come with them and have slots in the hole where they go. 1) is it possible to instal them? 2) how do I remove the slots/ how do I install them? 3) how would I go about wiring them. Write up would be appreciated. Included pics of the fogs and the type of bumper.

image-3878470208.jpg

image-3904311028.jpg

get_keebsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
rickcricket
2002 WJ 

I got some fog lights cheap on eBay and then I realized that the vents are actually molded into the bumper.

I am going to hack up my bumper and add them since I gave the fog light option on my stalk as well as the wiring. If I were you I would get all of it at the junkyard.
rickcricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

I've done it. Several others have as well.

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=547394

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...ights-1305986/
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #4
pdpunome

2000 WJ 

easy and the wires already exist they are plugged into dummy sockets on the fender sides, you will see it once you remove the bumber or you can grab them if you remove the splash guard in the wheel well.

only thing maybe i am pretty sure is you will need to switch out your headlight/turn signal switch to the one that has the pull out function for fogs and turns up one more notch for AUTO. i have 2 of those if you need one PM me.
pdpunome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Read through These.

http://www.wjjeeps.com/lamps/lampsupgrade.htm

http://www.wjjeeps.com/misc/fog_install.pdf
gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
Cirruslydakota
1999 WJ 

I wanted them too but I ended up finding a complete donor in the junk yard (had been rear ended) and took the entire front bumper, lights, relay, fuse, switch, and daylight sensor for $100. My front bumper was chalky and faded so this was the best route for me. Wiring was already in the wheel well area so install was maybe 30 minutes tops? Putting in the relay by the bcm was the biggest pain by far.
Cirruslydakota is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.