inside door trim panel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > inside door trim panel

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
cnovotny

Wj inside door trim panel

I have the drivers side speaker grill within the door panel broken in. Should I buy a used (entire) door trim panel or a pair of speakers with after market grills?
And how easy is it to de-install and install a door trim panel?
Thanks.

cnovotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
vmo23

Broken in? Remove the trim panel and see if you can just pop it out. Removing the door panel takes about 2 minutes.

http://www.wjjeeps.com/doors/doorpanel.htm
vmo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #3
pyre24
2000 WJ 

i think vehicle should have the option for aftermarket grill. stock ones are just blah. i love the spider ones.
pyre24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
DakMan96
1999 WJ 

It's so easy to take the door panel off I have it down to a science. Research it on here, be sure to buy door clips
DakMan96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 03:19 AM   #5
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Pick one up from a local wreckers that matches yours, and switch them out. They like to use plastic tabs then melting them to put them together. Easier to do the panel than try to fix. I typically can get the whole complete panel, switches and all for $20. And yes, depending on what type of door clips you have, they can break. Mine are all the one piece kind. Never been an issue for me breaking.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.