iKeyless.com (New FOB remote) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > iKeyless.com (New FOB remote)

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-23-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
Bowhunt24
2000 WJ 

iKeyless.com (New FOB remote)

Has anyone ordered new keys or fobs through iKeyless.com before? I just got a new remote in the mail from them. Order process was great (called up in person, got a 15% FB discount too). I specified I needed the GRAY Fob, as that is the one I had before. Low and behold, they send me the black one instead....question is...are they the same remote just in different colors or are they actually different remotes for different models?

Also, the pictures they show on the website shows the remote with JEEP molded into the plastic...the remote I got is obviously a knock off, no JEEP logo in the plastic. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Evan

Bowhunt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2014, 10:59 AM   #2
fiveseven15
2000 WJ 

the colors just mean driver 1 and driver 2. they ARE coded different i think for the memory seats and mirrors/radio stations, but thats the only difference i know of. each new vehicle came with one black (driver 1) and one gray (driver 2)
fiveseven15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2014, 11:05 AM   #3
Bowhunt24
2000 WJ 

Excellent! That would make sense...color coordinated with the Driver 1 and 2 memory buttons on the door. I only ever got the gray one when I bought the rig.

Now to see if this knock-off does the job, or if it's gonna get returned for a factory one through the dealer (Can already feel my wallet crying...)
Unread 03-23-2014, 04:30 PM   #4
fiveseven15
2000 WJ 

if it works out let me know. i need to get a backup. i only got on when i bought my jeep too. one key, and on fob. either gets lost or breaks im boned lol
Unread 03-24-2014, 03:52 PM   #5
Bowhunt24
2000 WJ 

Worked like a charm! Found a nice dude at Dodge/Jeep dealer in Bellevue who programmed it in 2 min, no charge. Awesome service!
Unread 03-24-2014, 04:32 PM   #6
fiveseven15
2000 WJ 

damn lucky....all the CJD dealers in vegas charge 1hr minimum. even for the 45rfe to 545rfe flash. and the TSB specifically says .5 hours!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.