I think this might work - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > I think this might work

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 05-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
Mhancock2
2004 WJ 

I think this might work

I have a short arm rough county 4" lift. It is alright but I am hooked and want more. While trying to fix the death wobble I ordered a set of adjustable upper control arms from Rustys. I want to change my setup to a long arm kit. I really like IRO kit, but I have already spent money on the uppers. So I am thinking about buying the long arm lowers from Rustys off road to save money. Where it gets tricky is IRO has mount for the long arm lowers for 100. Where as Rustys are incorporated with the skid plate and is 370. So I want to buy the lowers to match my uppers from Rustys but buy the IRO mounting kit. Had anyone done this before?

Mhancock2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
aestrad1
2000 WJ 

Why not get the full RC long arm upgrade?
aestrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
ezflip
NEWS FLASH It snows in MI

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhancock2 View Post
I have a short arm rough county 4" lift. It is alright but I am hooked and want more. While trying to fix the death wobble I ordered a set of adjustable upper control arms from Rustys. I want to change my setup to a long arm kit. I really like IRO kit, but I have already spent money on the uppers. So I am thinking about buying the long arm lowers from Rustys off road to save money. Where it gets tricky is IRO has mount for the long arm lowers for 100. Where as Rustys are incorporated with the skid plate and is 370. So I want to buy the lowers to match my uppers from Rustys but buy the IRO mounting kit. Had anyone done this before?
You cannot run short arm uppers with long arm lowers. If you want long arms, return the uppers and buy the upgrade kit you want, whether its IROs or RCs, or anyone elses.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

ezflip is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
Mhancock2
2004 WJ 

My uppers r fully adjustable and talking with rusty yesterday he said those are the arms that come with the kit anyway. That is why I didn't want to waste the money I already spent.
Unread 05-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
ezflip
NEWS FLASH It snows in MI

2002 WJ 

Those are the arms that come with their SHORT arm kit. Their long arm kit uses radius arms where the uppers attach to the lowers instead of the uniframe. If you have short arm uppers and long arm lowers, your axle will not move the way it is intended.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

ezflip is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
Mhancock2
2004 WJ 

I am just going by what rusty had said. Obviously I had doubts or concerns as to why I took the time to post and ask the question.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.