I think i have a drive problemwith my WG - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > I think i have a drive problemwith my WG

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #1
Aussie123
2002 WJ 

I think i have a drive problemwith my WG

Hi all,

I went out for a drive yesterday as i had just installed new Rancho Adjustable shocks on the rear of my WG. I had my son video me going up a hill and i couldnt do it, after looking at the video it seems that im not getting drive to all 4 wheels, is this normal? i was in 4 low at the time, and if not, what could be the problem?

here is a link to the video so you can see what i mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDlF...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Aussie123; 08-18-2013 at 05:42 AM..
Aussie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 07:18 AM   #2
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

You are clearly getting drive to both axles as you can just about make out the far side front wheel spinning. Now it does not say in your spec sheet but if you have quadratrac 2 then that behaviour is normal (you will send the drive to the tyre with least grip- not the greatest design but thats how it is!). If you have quadradrive then the quadradrive unit in your front diff is Donald Ducked (as we say over here in the UK!).
I have QT2 and find that a little left foot braking whist in a situation like that will help spread the drive more evenly accross both front tyres.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.