I was hit by a drunk driver . - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > I was hit by a drunk driver .

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 01-16-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
Shinobi
2001 WJ 

I was hit by a drunk driver .

Hey guys I was recently hit by a drunk driver that was traveling on the wrong side of the freeway .

Heres the story

The gf and I were coming home from snowboarding at boreal and we were driving on I80 on the fast lane heading to reno and once we got to around where robb drive was , we saw these headlights on our side of the road heading west on east bound lane coming right at us . My first thought was that it was a cop or something so I pulled over on to the dirt median and she swerved right into us causing us to roll over .. then as we were upside down we couldn't get our seat belts out and we herd people yelling "the cars on fire " Once I herd that I tried hitting the window to break them but no luck .. but thank god an off duty cop saw it and came to help us ,he broke the window and pulled us out , then a guy had a fire extinguisher and detained the fire .
Turns out she 2 times over the legal limit .

My jeep is totaled

We came out of it with only minor scratches and bruises.

So my question now is what WJ should I get next ?? I really want a V8 but I heard quadra-track 2 aren't the best or should I just stick with the same thing I had which was I-6 with select-track ?

thanks
shinobi

Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 10:52 PM   #2
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor

1998 ZJ 

OMG, im glad to see you are ok... that looks like a terrible wreck.

ok, as far as a new dub... a V8, with the quadra drive system should work... but i know nothing about quadra drive 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 10:52 PM   #3
TMar

Wow good thing you both made it out OK.
TMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 10:52 PM   #4
Jones
Consider the following...

WOW shinobi I'm so sorry to hear this and glad both of you are ok. I hope she gets prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I would look for a v8 WJ, you can always swap the transfercase.

Do you think you could get bigger pictures up?

Last edited by Jones; 01-16-2009 at 11:05 PM..
Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 10:53 PM   #5
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

that **** of a drunk drivers better end up paying for it. mention if you werent driving such a safe SUV, she could have seriously injured or killed (I shudder at the thought) you and the gf. She was driving double the legal limit, I have no sympathy for her. But yeah if you're going to get a WJ, I like the bullet-proof reliability of the i6. Lots of people like the added power of the V8 but I could care less. I have a selectrac in my ZJ, and being able to shift into 2wd to save on gas is a big plus.

and thaank god, you are ok, that looks like a nasty hit, she basically flipped your car and caught it on fire, and you made it out with scratches and bruises

ahhh I just noticed she was driving a honda. Looks like she wont be going anywhere anytime soon, her car got smashed to bits!

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #6
CMARJEEP
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ZJones- View Post
WOW shinobi I'm so sorry to hear this and glad both of you are ok. I hope she gets prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I would look for a v8 WJ, you can always swap the transfercase.

Do you think you could get bigget pictures up?
Click on them.

Man that sucks. Glad you guys are okay. Looks like the Jeep faired well for being hit and rolled over. (yeah its totaled but the roof is still in tact).
Unread 01-16-2009, 11:09 PM   #7
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor

1998 ZJ 

i was just looking at the pics more... that is savage.

can i have your front nuckles and brakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 11:14 PM   #8
Kruzin
1993 ZJ 

Glad that you and your's are OK.
Hope that drunk gets all the hurt the law can give him.
Drunk and stupid are 2 different things.
I like gettin drunk, but I ain't stupid enough to drive drunk (forum post drunk, maybe, never drive ).
Go after him for every nickle you can. First take it up in criminal court to satisfy insurance, then go after him in civil court for any other damages you can impose (mental distress, etc).

Last edited by Kruzin; 01-17-2009 at 01:13 AM..
Kruzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 11:41 PM   #9
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Glad to see you are ok, seriously, I've seen people die from much less.

Looking at what you had, I would suggest a 2002-2003 V8 select trac (242 HD - should be able to pickup one cheap to replace your's), then add a 4" IRO LA lift & IRO ultimate JK axles (have them install) and have the entire thing paid for by the drunk driver.

Get a lawyer, don't deal with insurance, milk that ***** for everything you can. Normally I don't encourage law suits just because I think there are to many people out there that are sue happy, but in this case, you are extremely lucky to be alive, and that shouldn't be taken lightly.

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 11:47 PM   #10
Haleyrz
1998 ZJ 

i agree with kruzin! Take that ***** for all she's worth! I'm so glad you are alright!
1996 ZJ Laredo, 5.2L V8, 3" Kolak exhaust, K&N FIPK, 4300K HID's, Sold

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...27&ref=profile
Haleyrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 11:57 PM   #11
Kruzin
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10achik View Post
Get a lawyer, don't deal with insurance, milk that ***** for everything you can. Normally I don't encourage law suits just because I think there are to many people out there that are sue happy...
In general, I agree. Our society is way too 'sue happy'.
(Oh, I spilled hot coffee on my lap, you owe me a mil $...that's BS)
But when it comes to drunk drivers, nail 'em for every penny you can, criminal AND civil.
Kruzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2009, 12:46 AM   #12
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

x2 on the drunk drivers. Its one thing if you pass out drunk in your armchair, its a whole other thing when you pass out or lose proper vision behind the wheel of a moving block of metal on wheels, bound to hit another person. I have 0 sympathy for those who drive drunk, because they need to plan not to drive until they are able to. Maybe a huge lawsuit will teach her a lesson next time she tries to drink and get behind the wheel. If you can, try and part out your car for some extra cash. I'll tell ya, when I get a WJ and start modifying it to accept a double din, I'm going to need a backup trim panel just in case i screw up. My point in that is that there is actually a good market in parts and the demand for them can bring in some serious cash.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2009, 01:05 AM   #13
littleblackXj
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Damn dude. I would be livid if i were you. Seriously, sue this chick for all you can! I consider drunk driving to be attempted murder, regardless if they actually hit anyone.
30/44 4.88s Disks all around
Rear Detroit/Open front
littleblackXj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2009, 01:07 AM   #14
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Dude that sucks. Glad to see you made it out ok.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2009, 01:10 AM   #15
QuadraTokn
1930 WJ 

**** her over. Either way she would be in jail for killing you if you hadnt pulled over reducing the kinetic energy.
QuadraTokn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.