Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Hyper Flash issue after LED lights

13K views 49 replies 13 participants last post by  jlsjr1979 
#1 ·
I have a 2002 GC Limited. I bought some switchback LED front turn signal lights, which of course has the hyper flash. Trying to avoid using load resistors.

Has anyone had this experience and were able to resolve using Flasher relay? If so, where did you go to buy it? The one I got for IJDMtoy from Amazon didn't fit. (EP27)

Please advise.

Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I have led's in headlights and taillights and searched everywhere for a flasher and no one has one. I was able to get one for my 1994 wrangler but no dice for the WJ. Your only option is load resistors.

#7 ·
I'm not sure if they have one for the WJ, but I do know that superbrightleds.com sells a variety of electronic flashers. Or alternately they sell automotive LED lights that have load resisters built in, straight plug-n-play.

#9 ·
#12 ·
I'm thinking of picking one up and trashing my PITA load resisters. Btw mopar flashers for WJs are actually more expensive

#14 ·
That is very tempting... I have resistors on all 4 corners of my WJ. I might buy that eventually but the resistors work great for now its been about 5 months. I also put a LED strip in my 3rd brake light i love them :thumbsup:

#15 ·
Might have to try try this flasher relay

@SteelBlue_WJ

I just checked that link you submitted. Crazy thing is I was at Autozone yesterday, they gave me the aftermarket part number for relay and LM519 was it.

Wish i had of seem this prior to adding load resistors yesterday. I still may be the tribute to try @MrAb3z planning on getting LEDs for rear lights soon. :thumbsup:

#20 ·
@MrAb3z Funny thing, when I heard of flasher relay, Autozone said they had one. didn't know it was the one to fix the hyper flash. Either, I will be making my way back there to order one. I just put in Halo Projector headlights on my Jeep which look pretty great. But I have so many T taps and wires running back there, i dread removing my headlight for adjustments.

In regards to the your tail lights, I was thinking of getting the same one, bit the ones with the black housing. Thanks for testing and sharing. Kudos to you kind Sir!

#25 ·
Awesome!!! Called Autozone this morning to get one they said it would be here this afternoon.

Just got back with it 5min install works like a charm. Here's my install method. It's raining outside...

First unclip the upper steering wheel/gauge part
Second unscrew the lower kick panel ( covers from the steering wheel to the OBD port and from cdplayer to door) then you can just reach right there it's the longer one top dead center and bam no more hyper flash and works fine with switchbacks too!

#27 ·
I believe I'm dealing with the same issue I recently bought my wj with led turn signals upfront already so I got new led taillights and I've noticed a couple of times in the past week when I use my right signal the front flashes fast and the rear doesn't flash at all but it's not all the time. I've never heard of hyperflash but is this what I'm dealing with?

#28 ·
Dcwalker93 said:
I believe I'm dealing with the same issue I recently bought my wj with led turn signals upfront already so I got new led taillights and I've noticed a couple of times in the past week when I use my right signal the front flashes fast and the rear doesn't flash at all but it's not all the time. I've never heard of hyperflash but is this what I'm dealing with?
Sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere. Usually hyper flash is a warning when a bulb is out, but when you swap all or enough lights to LED the system is tricked by such a light load that it believes there's a bulb outrage. I think your hyper flash is because of an actual outage...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.