HVAC issues/questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > HVAC issues/questions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
jessebrown
2002 WJ 

Wj HVAC issues/questions

My A/C went out a while ago, and I re-charged it. And it got cold again, but about after 2 days it was back to blowing nothing. I know my question is vague but anyone know where I should start?

jessebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
Wobyschall
1999 WJ 

Sounds like there is a leak somewhere... those are a trick to finding... Best bet to finding it, inspect your AC condensor for any impacts or things of that nature, and second, get a charge in it, and inject some dye. this will show you were the leak(s) is. I'm about to do this with mine.
Wobyschall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
jessebrown
2002 WJ 

ok sounds good, thats what i was thinking to. what kind of dye should i get, and where can i get it?
jessebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #4
Wobyschall
1999 WJ 

Any auto parts store should have something like that. I can't remember the name of the stuff I got right off the top of my head. Just ask for some refrigerant dye at the front desk and they should know what you mean.
Wobyschall is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.