The Hunt for a new GC. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > The Hunt for a new GC.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #16
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Drooled at this>>>

http://m.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?fi...&engine_fuel=1

email sent,,,, asked seller all the crusial questions about rust and paint/body damages and whatever that not shows in pics, and might be a deal/no deal breaker.

R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 04:41 AM   #17
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Stoked, waiting for seller to reply to all my questions,,,
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 09-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #18
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Argh, this also have rust in doors start to acourr, drivers door is badly attacked.
Missing every second service, history is by far not complete, very sad, cause everything ells checked out Nice

Seems like all the 04 have this issue, didnt have this on my 00, either on X girls 99, havent seen this before. Thinking that the 04's have poor paint inside doors, and if not rust protected within 10 years, they rust from inside out.

Why the HELLBILLY cant ppl spend 4000kr on a 200k Kr vehicle???
But **** like stereo and wheels upgrade they can!

I might consider an older WJ, but would love to go HIghOutpuT

Unread 09-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #19
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Argh, this also have rust in doors start to acourr, drivers door is badly attacked.
Missing every second service, history is by far not complete, very sad, cause everything ells checked out Nice

Seems like all the 04 have this issue, didnt have this on my 00, either on X girls 99, havent seen this before. Thinking that the 04's have poor paint inside doors, and if not rust protected within 10 years, they rust from inside out.

Why the HELLBILLY cant ppl spend 4000kr on a 200k Kr vehicle???
But **** like stereo and wheels upgrade they can!

I might consider an older WJ, but would love to go HIghOutpuT
Dont do it or you will only regret what might have been. Just have patience and wait for that perfect Jeep....it will be along. Id want HO too (if I ran a petrol model) and the O4s look much nicer than the earlier ones IMO. Think you may have just looked and a few bad ones as ive never seen any evidence that later ones are more prone to corrosion. I wanted an 04 CRD but they were all more than I wanted to pay , or too many miles, or repaired badly or.....or....or. Then one day i found a near perfect 89,000mile one with a full history in a colour the wife liked (always useful!) with a desparate seller (wifes car and she had left him and he did not want to see it on the drive anymore!)......mine for 3500 nearly three years ago....I could get more than that for it now! So Thomas "Patience is a vertue" and "Good things come to those who wait" as we say over here! Good luck mate!
Unread 10-01-2013, 03:33 AM   #20
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Just doubled checked with customs, They want 250000NOK~42000$ in import tax ONLY for a 04HO!!!

Thats even 11k$ more than they Go for around here, which is about 33k $.

Shhhh what a country

Unread 10-01-2013, 06:52 AM   #21
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Going for a look and test now, on the first 04HO i got offered, the LPG one, service and maintainance record Are very Good, Price reflects condition, little rust in doors.
image-331544611.jpg

Unread 10-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #22
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Going for a look and test now, on the first 04HO i got offered, the LPG one, service and maintainance record Are very Good, Price reflects condition, little rust in doors.
Are you going to switch it back to petrol?

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #23
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post
Are you going to switch it back to petrol?

It will probably run on either. Most conversions keep the original fuel system as well as the LPG. My old Audi V8 4.2 would always start on petrol then switch automatically to LPG when up to temp. A lot of engines will run very badly if at all when stone cold on LPG. Also you can manually switch between the fuels when on the move. My Audi had a 90 litre fuel tank as well as a 90 litre LPG cylinder....gave me quite a range.
Unread 10-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #24
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
It will probably run on either. Most conversions keep the original fuel system as well as the LPG. My old Audi V8 4.2 would always start on petrol then switch automatically to LPG when up to temp. A lot of engines will run very badly if at all when stone cold on LPG. Also you can manually switch between the fuels when on the move. My Audi had a 90 litre fuel tank as well as a 90 litre LPG cylinder....gave me quite a range.
Is the HP still the same with LPG?

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #25
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post
Is the HP still the same with LPG?

Mine felt exactly the same but I never dynoed it. It certainly was smoother probably due to the much higher octane rating of LPG. The only negatives where that Id get about 23 to the gallon (UK gallon) on petrol and only about 15 on lpg. This is normal and due to the lower calorific content of LPG (less energy) compared to petrol. On most cars that translates to about 15% worse gas mileage but since it was less than half the price of petrol it still saved me money. I would not have bought the system if it had not been in the car when I bought it as it was a 2000 system and I never would have done enough miles to recoup the cost...add to that the annual service to keep the LPG regulator free from slime (known as heavy ends!) and the safety check that you should have (I never did as I only owned the car two years) and it would not save me that much cash unless I did more miles than the Enterprise!
Unread 10-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #26
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia
^^^excact how it Works, and didnt impress me, some says about 10% power loss, and 50% fuel costs savings, but No money spent today, to many imperfections in paint, and rust in doors Are a deal breaker, interior was not perfect either

i will keep looking though

Unread 10-07-2013, 03:44 AM   #27
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

No luck yet Looking for cheap XJ or ZJ as Winter Beater/DD. Start to goo crazy not having anything.
Recieved insurance payout today kr

Unread 10-07-2013, 05:04 AM   #28
MattJeep
Web Wheeler
2003 WJ 

Keep looking buddy. The Overland and H.O. are worth it.
MattJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #29
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

^^^I deff am, maybe this one (actually 2) as a DD/beater meanwhile>>>

http://m.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?fi...&engine_fuel=1

Will Go have a look at it tomorow, no major rust, trans rebuildt recently, ignition problem, wont start, seller says he replaced coil and distributor, no dice, throwing codes for ECM, power, sensor fault, will know more tomorow, might be an easy Fix.

Any common issues like sensor or anything simple That can mess up the ignition like this on those 4.0's???

Unread 10-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #30
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Our newly elected goverment, will put down 2hand import tax for vehicles older than 4.5 years from 1th january 2014, might wait and see how much they reduce the tax, maybe it could be worth getting a 04HO Overland from US anyway.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.