How to tell if you have Up Country Suspension? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > How to tell if you have Up Country Suspension?

1987-1995 Jeep Wrangler Turn Signal Switch (Wells)1987-1989 Jeep Wrangler Brake Pad & Rotor Kit Semi-Met50" LED CREE Light Bar Pair With Wiring Kit

Unread 05-10-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
99JGCWJ
1999 WJ 

How to tell if you have Up Country Suspension?

So I did my TRE's and brought the Jeep in for an alignment. I picked it up and didn't really look at the top of the sheet as I was more concerned with the numbers. Driving home it drove great steering is tight, wheel is straight and everything is fine. So I go to put the paperwork in my book (Yes, I keep a Jeep book with all work I've done ie: part receipts or receipts for work I've had done at my mechanic) and on the top I see Jeep : Grand Cherokee :1999-2004 (WJ) 4x4 : except Up-Country Suspension. It doesn't say anything about it on my build sheet from Jeep. So I call the shop and ask the guy does that mean I have this on my Jeep and his answer was "They either put that in when the Jeep has it or doesn't have it I'm not sure which". I said "ok, thanks" and hung up. So now I come to the experts asking how can I tell if I have it? Thanks in advance for the help.

Unread 05-11-2011, 06:17 AM   #2
99JGCWJ
1999 WJ 

Bump.

Sent from my VM670 using JeepForum
Unread 05-11-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
brianestep
2000 WJ 

As far as I know (unless the PO, assuming there was one, only upgraded springs and shocks) the Up Country package also includes tow hooks, skid plates, and "upgraded" tires, I'm thinking 245/70's. WJJEEPS lists all the features of the package, so check them out. I don't have access to it here at work, or I'd tell you for sure.
-Brian- 2000 WJ Four liter, 4" RC springs; Bilstein 5100s; JKS trackbar w/KOR bushings; Stillen rotors; KOR (RC) 1.5" wheel spacers; 265/75/16 Treadwright Guard Dogs; Rusty AirTube, Amsoil Cone; Thule M.O.A.B.; Bumper delete; rear seat disco
brianestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2011, 08:42 AM   #4
brianestep
2000 WJ 

Also, the word "except" would steer me to believe you don't have it. Meaning that all Upcountry WJ's that shop sees would just be called "Jeep WJ (1999-2004): Standard" or something like that.
-Brian- 2000 WJ Four liter, 4" RC springs; Bilstein 5100s; JKS trackbar w/KOR bushings; Stillen rotors; KOR (RC) 1.5" wheel spacers; 265/75/16 Treadwright Guard Dogs; Rusty AirTube, Amsoil Cone; Thule M.O.A.B.; Bumper delete; rear seat disco
Unread 05-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
99JGCWJ
1999 WJ 

I figured I didn't have it and yes there was a po. I only have on skidplate on the gastank and that's it. Thanks.

Unread 05-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #6
rm2001wj
2001 WJ 

Probably the specified range values apply only to those WJs without the Up-Country suspension. They may be different for an Up-Country suspension.
rm2001wj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #7
jemrey81

I have an 01 UpCountry... your build sheet would say if it was UC... my build sheet says:
AWE Up Country Suspension Group
SDUP Heavy Duty Suspension w/Gas Shocks
ZLEP Spring - Left Front
ZLVP Spring - Left Rear
ZZEP Spring - Right Front
ZZVP Spring - Right Rear

As far as the skid plates go:
ADLP Skid Plate Group
XEEP Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield
XEFP Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield
XEUP Front Suspension Skid Plate

As far as the tires - they are the same size as any other WJ with the 17", Goodyear All Terrain 235/65/17.

You can also measure your center of wheel to fender and see what it is.... I think UC is around 19" - I could be wrong.... maybe it's 18"?
jemrey81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
WJHahn

Yup. Get your build sheet from Jeep, do a search here for the link. Mine took about 2-3 days before they replied.
WJHahn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #9
99JGCWJ
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemrey81
I have an 01 UpCountry... your build sheet would say if it was UC... my build sheet says:
AWE Up Country Suspension Group
SDUP Heavy Duty Suspension w/Gas Shocks
ZLEP Spring - Left Front
ZLVP Spring - Left Rear
ZZEP Spring - Right Front
ZZVP Spring - Right Rear

As far as the skid plates go:
ADLP Skid Plate Group
XEEP Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield
XEFP Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield
XEUP Front Suspension Skid Plate

As far as the tires - they are the same size as any other WJ with the 17", Goodyear All Terrain 235/65/17.

You can also measure your center of wheel to fender and see what it is.... I think UC is around 19" - I could be wrong.... maybe it's 18"?
I have my build sheet and it's not on there but I'm not the original owner either so I wasn't sure what the PO did to it.

Unread 05-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #10
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianestep View Post
As far as I know (unless the PO, assuming there was one, only upgraded springs and shocks) the Up Country package also includes tow hooks, skid plates, and "upgraded" tires, I'm thinking 245/70's. WJJEEPS lists all the features of the package, so check them out. I don't have access to it here at work, or I'd tell you for sure.
I ordered my 2000 WJ with the Up Country package. There is no PO. On my 2000 WJ, tow hooks, skids, upgraded tires (245/70/16) and upcountry springs were all part of the Up Country package. There may have been more, but I'd have to hunt up my build sheet to tell you for sure.

Click http://www.jeep.com/wccsapp/universa...ull&category=U here to order a build sheet for your Jeep........ it's free.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #11
Hack
2003 WJ 

I just looked at the tag on my springs and cross referenced the part numbers with wjjeeps.com
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #12
brianestep
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
I ordered my 2000 WJ with the Up Country package. There is no PO. On my 2000 WJ, tow hooks, skids, upgraded tires (245/70/16) and upcountry springs were all part of the Up Country package. There may have been more, but I'd have to hunt up my build sheet to tell you for sure.
Why did you quote me on this and then say exactly what I said? haha
Unread 05-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #13
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianestep View Post
Why did you quote me on this and then say exactly what I said? haha
Because you were not sure if you had the Up Country package on your Jeep, or if the PO upgraded the springs. I was confirming that I know you are correct because I ordered my WJ and there isn't a PO of my Jeep.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #14
brianestep
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Because you were not sure if you had the Up Country package on your Jeep, or if the PO upgraded the springs. I was confirming that I know you are correct because I ordered my WJ and there isn't a PO of my Jeep.
Haha not me!!! I was answering the OP's question. I know I don't have Up Country!! Not with my lift, and all...
Unread 05-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #15
straty1987

seams like your caster and toe need the alignment and your last name is TV

noticed your over in long island. can i ask how much it cost you?
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.