How to remove front kick panels? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > How to remove front kick panels?

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 08-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
Mason_99

How to remove front kick panels?

I need to remove the front kick panels in my WJ, how do they come off? I don't see any screws so are they just held in with clips?

Mason_99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
Cirruslydakota
1999 WJ 

Spring clips and one plastic threaded not on each side if I remember correctly. Youll need to pull the bottom plastic door sills before you pull the kick panel. Just yank hard but evenly and you wont break anything, although it feels like you might.
Cirruslydakota is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #3
Jrsuydam
2004 WJ 

X2 its actually very simple.
Unread 08-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Pull the door sills.

There are 3 screws holding the kick panel to the lower door sill (you'll see after pulling up the plastic door sill pieces)

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
clockworkred
2000 WJ 

X3 I would also suggest going to your local O'Reilly's and purchasing the Chilton's manual on your Jeep. Answers a whole bunch of questions on removing parts. Not perfect but you can get a pretty good idea before you even start of what you are up against.
clockworkred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #6
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

on the panel theres a circle towards the front of the truck, unscrew it then pull the door sill up. thats where the screws are, remove those and off it comes.
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #7
Mason_99

Thanks for the replies guys, I got them off pretty easy. I was looking to see if I could find any more breaks further up the wires for the power windows/door locks. I didn't find anything. On a good note my interior lights aren't stuck on anymore and the passenger side window and door locks started mysteriously working again. Does anybody have any idea why its having these problems intermittenly. I'm thinking it could possibly be the master switch on the drivers door.
Unread 08-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #8
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason_99 View Post
Thanks for the replies guys, I got them off pretty easy. I was looking to see if I could find any more breaks further up the wires for the power windows/door locks. I didn't find anything. On a good note my interior lights aren't stuck on anymore and the passenger side window and door locks started mysteriously working again. Does anybody have any idea why its having these problems intermittenly. I'm thinking it could possibly be the master switch on the drivers door.
It's very common for wires to break in the rubber boot in the door jambs. It's usually the driver's side ground wire, which causes all of the door locks+windows to quit, or work intermittently.

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #9
Mason_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by narnwv View Post
It's very common for wires to break in the rubber boot in the door jambs. It's usually the driver's side ground wire, which causes all of the door locks+windows to quit, or work intermittently.
They've already broke on both sides and been repaired, more than once actually. I can't believe the problems are still there.
Unread 08-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #10
Jeep_13
1999 WJ 

I am having a similar problem and after inspecting the drivers side door boot I found a wire that has been repaired once before which has electrical tape wound around it. I would bet that this is where my problem is coming from. Only problem is that this tapped part of the wire is pretty far back and nearly impossible to get to. Any advice on easier access to wires in the rubber boot?
Jeep_13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #11
Mason_99

I'm going to try to find a master switch at the junkyard and try that first. I don't want to buy one new just yet considering I've seen them go anywhere from $185-$300 on ebay. The reason I want to try this is you can hit the driver side switches and hear an audible click and the other 2 don't do anything. Another thing I need to try is learning how to use a multimeter and check the wires themselves for any unforseen problems.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.