how do you remove the CD changer? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > how do you remove the CD changer?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 06-07-2013, 12:48 AM   #1
MEinSoCal
2001 WJ 

Question how do you remove the CD changer?

i have no need for the cd changer and would rather use that covered space for extra storage. how do i go about emptying that space of the cd changer?

Unread 06-07-2013, 01:02 AM   #2
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

There are 4 10 mm bolts that hold the changer to the inside metal structure. To access those bolts, you have to remove the plastic cover first...I think there are a few phillips screws holding it on. It should only take you a few minutes.

Does the changer still work, or do you get the error message that I do when I try to use the CD changer?
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 02:00 AM   #3
MEinSoCal
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85IrocZ-28 View Post
There are 4 10 mm bolts that hold the changer to the inside metal structure. To access those bolts, you have to remove the plastic cover first...I think there are a few phillips screws holding it on. It should only take you a few minutes.

Does the changer still work, or do you get the error message that I do when I try to use the CD changer?
since i picked up this Jeep a few months ago, i have never tried used the changer. its there, but i no longer have the stock headunit either to test it. i'm assuming it still works.

anyone interested in buying it?
Unread 06-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

mine works, so I ripped it out and threw it in a closet. cd's are so 90's
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 01:25 AM   #5
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

If the head unit is aftermarket, the PO may have installed it because it was having issues. But if you can test it and it is working, put it up in the for sale section. I bet someone will be interested.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.