How do i get hotter heat out of my wj gc? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > How do i get hotter heat out of my wj gc?

Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 11-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
hoopster3030
2001 WJ 

How do i get hotter heat out of my wj gc?

I was wondering how I could get hotter heat, more air flow, out of my jeep gc wj Laredo. Ive heard you could possible take a heater core out of a ram truck? Bigger heater core. Is that true? And if so what years and models should i be lookin for and how would I fit it? Or is there any other ideas out there? I live in Minnesota and winters are cold so in need of more heat.

hoopster3030 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
MuddyWJ
2004 WJ 

Have you tried flushing the system?
MuddyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #3
99SK04GTX
2004 WJ 

Maybe go with a higher temp thermostat
99SK04GTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like you have a problem with your system. Mine would get so hot it would blow you out of the Jeep. What is your temp gauge reading when it is hot? Do both of your heater hoses feel as hot as the radiator hoses?

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #5
sage39henry
2002 WJ 

I just replaced my heater core and it gets me hot enough to sweat on these 10 degree days in pa. Maybe try flushing out the heater core:
ETCG = Boss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcL_0TWeZJY

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.