Horn stuck on? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 Old 02-06-2013, 01:19 AM
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Have you checked the wires going into the door? Many have problems with the wires breaking. That could very well be causing a short and causing other issues. Also would check the wiring at the horn just in case to make sure everything looks good there. Easy to look up under the front bumper where they are.

The beatings will continue until attitudes improve!

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 Old 02-06-2013, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
dutch724
2002 WJ 

Thanks for the schematic, I have looked it over many times trying to figure out where the problem is. For a while I did consider the clock spring, but i'm back to thinking it has something to do with the master window controls. This weekend I'm going to go to my favorite place (the Junk Yard) and see if I can find another set of master window controls. I will try that and see if anything changes. I would imagine this problem is seen on other WJ's as well. Seeing my neighbor told me about the windown controls being a problem in his 02' Ram and the controls look to be the same in the WJ. Heck, its worth a try.

Yes, the door wires is the first place I go normally. I have them all solder up pretty well I don't think they will break for a while. When I bought the Jeep someone had some non factory horns mounted. One of my first trips to the junk yard I got a couple of stock horns and replaced them with good connectors and all. The night when the horns were going off I actual tried to disconnect them and couldn't get the connection taken apart, so I think those connections are pretty good as well. thanks for the suggestion.
post #18 of 23 Old 02-06-2013, 06:11 PM
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Always start simple and work your way out. I've got hella dual-horns. I'd hate to hear those constantly going off!

The master switch sounds like a good place to start. I know on the ZJ's that if you switch it, you can't use your keyfob, as it ties in with it somehow. Not sure if the WJ's are the same way or not. Found that out when I switched out my door panels and suddenly couldn't open the door without the key.

The beatings will continue until attitudes improve!

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
post #19 of 23 Old 01-14-2014, 01:17 PM
hutchdog
1999 WJ 

I am having the same issue with my 99. Went to the store and hit the fob to lock it and Hhhhooooooooorrrrrrrrnnnnnnn! Disconnected the battery and did the shopping, came out reconnected and nothing.... Drove home locked the door waited for a few minutes and nothing. 20 minutes later, hhhhhoooooooooorrrrrrnnnn. I replaced the terminal connectors thinking it may be some sort of ground issue, reconnected the battery, waited for a minute nothing, started the Jeep and another couple of minutes later, horn blows again with the jeep running. I disconnected it and walked away. Two days later I'm here looking for help.
post #20 of 23 Old 01-14-2014, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
dutch724
2002 WJ 

I never figured out what caused mine to go off. It has never happened again either.
post #21 of 23 Old 01-14-2014, 02:35 PM
hutchdog
1999 WJ 

Hey dutch724, did you replace the master door switches?
post #22 of 23 Old 03-14-2016, 02:52 PM
dannyrc22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch724 View Post
It was a rainy night yesterday. I didn't drive the Jeep in the rain at all, but it was sitting outside all night. At about 12:30 am the horn just came on and wouldn't go off. It was a steady blowing of the horn, like you just hit a tree or something. I turned the alarm off and back on, nothing worked. I got into the Jeep and started it and the horn didn't skip a beat still going off. I was half asleep and wanted to get back to bed instead of standing in my drive way in my underwear while it is sprinkling on me. I just disconnected the battery and went back to bed. Morning came, so I rode my bike and still haven't dealt with the problem yet, Battery is still disconnected.
I'm looking for suggestions as to the direction I should start looking into to find the problem? horn relay, clockspring, horn needs to be replaced, any tests I can do.

Thx fellas!!
i know exactly what you are talking about im having the same issue one day my wife borrowed my jeep and she called me from the store telling me that the jeep wouldn't shut up with the horn and it was embarrassing her i was like you're crazy you probably messed with the alarm any way.... she got home and i went straight to check it out and then bam horn came on nonstop loud as **** for about a minute alarm wouldn't do a thing to it then it turned off on its own for about 30 then back on again so after trying a few things i had no choice but to take the relay out to shut it up while i figure it out everything works great on the jeep except for the damn horn which is a hazard when driving with stupid ppl in L.A had a few close calls since by the way this is a 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO 3.7 L V6....still haven't been able to figure it out
post #23 of 23 Old 03-24-2016, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
dutch724
2002 WJ 

I never figured out why mine did that. I disconnected the battery to get it to stop so I didn't wake up everyone sleeping. After a few hours of it being disconnected I hook it back up and never had an issue again. Hope u figure it out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.