Horn stuck on? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Horn stuck on?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-06-2013, 12:19 AM   #16
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Have you checked the wires going into the door? Many have problems with the wires breaking. That could very well be causing a short and causing other issues. Also would check the wiring at the horn just in case to make sure everything looks good there. Easy to look up under the front bumper where they are.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 05:33 AM   #17
dutch724
2002 WJ 

Thanks for the schematic, I have looked it over many times trying to figure out where the problem is. For a while I did consider the clock spring, but i'm back to thinking it has something to do with the master window controls. This weekend I'm going to go to my favorite place (the Junk Yard) and see if I can find another set of master window controls. I will try that and see if anything changes. I would imagine this problem is seen on other WJ's as well. Seeing my neighbor told me about the windown controls being a problem in his 02' Ram and the controls look to be the same in the WJ. Heck, its worth a try.

Yes, the door wires is the first place I go normally. I have them all solder up pretty well I don't think they will break for a while. When I bought the Jeep someone had some non factory horns mounted. One of my first trips to the junk yard I got a couple of stock horns and replaced them with good connectors and all. The night when the horns were going off I actual tried to disconnect them and couldn't get the connection taken apart, so I think those connections are pretty good as well. thanks for the suggestion.
dutch724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #18
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Always start simple and work your way out. I've got hella dual-horns. I'd hate to hear those constantly going off!

The master switch sounds like a good place to start. I know on the ZJ's that if you switch it, you can't use your keyfob, as it ties in with it somehow. Not sure if the WJ's are the same way or not. Found that out when I switched out my door panels and suddenly couldn't open the door without the key.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 12:17 PM   #19
hutchdog
1999 WJ 

I am having the same issue with my 99. Went to the store and hit the fob to lock it and Hhhhooooooooorrrrrrrrnnnnnnn! Disconnected the battery and did the shopping, came out reconnected and nothing.... Drove home locked the door waited for a few minutes and nothing. 20 minutes later, hhhhhoooooooooorrrrrrnnnn. I replaced the terminal connectors thinking it may be some sort of ground issue, reconnected the battery, waited for a minute nothing, started the Jeep and another couple of minutes later, horn blows again with the jeep running. I disconnected it and walked away. Two days later I'm here looking for help.
hutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #20
dutch724
2002 WJ 

I never figured out what caused mine to go off. It has never happened again either.
dutch724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #21
hutchdog
1999 WJ 

Hey dutch724, did you replace the master door switches?
hutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.