Hood Won't Close - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Hood Won't Close

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-05-2011, 08:25 AM   #1
Shego5788
2004 WJ 

Hood Won't Close

My hood will NOT close without enough pressure on the hood to dent the poor thing (haven't yet but I'm afraid we will) A simple air filter change turned into an hour long, how do we get the hood closed swear fest >.<

After taking the latch off and taking it completely apart its not the issue.

After further examining the jeep it appears my support bar has been compromised????? My jeep has NEVER been in any kind of front end accident what so ever. Minor rear-ended f'ed up the bumper yes but the front end? Nope.

Every time you apply any kind of pressure it bows down significantly, meaning once you put the the hood down and it puts pressure on the latch it bows down and so there isn't enough pressure for the latch to engage/ latch is just out of reach unless you slam it hard and fast enough you can't close the hood.. not ideal at all.

This is what I'm talking about: That black support beam right across the front just behind the grill and head lights :

Anyone else have this occur? What did you do? We are contemplating rigging up a support system from the bumper's support bar...

(I searched for another thread like this but I'm assuming no one else had this issue? or I searched the wrong terms.. or their answers didn't pertain to my issue..)

Shego5788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #2
4Tom
2001 WJ 

You said support bar been compromised
That's probably the problem.

There is two rubber stops one on either side just above headlamps they screw up and down setting the hight of bonnet. If they are too high it will make it difficult to close bonnet.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Tom
4Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
Shego5788
2004 WJ 

We THINK its been compromised... as its bending and we don't remember it ever bending before... Once I get her back from the shop I will look at that..
Shego5788 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.