Hitch bezel template - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Hitch bezel template

Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-18-2010, 06:45 AM   #1
n8man1068
2003 WJ 

Hitch bezel template

Does anyone have a hitch bezel template? I finally got a hitch, and I can't see the perforated lines in the back of the bumper to cut it for installation.

If it comes down to it, I can just get the bezel kit from the dealer.

03 WJ IRO 3" lift, DT8000 shocks, Addco swaybars, JKS quick disconnects, IRO xfer skid, IRO adc control arms, Rola roof rack, Uniden 510xl+firestick 2, K&N drop in filter, Cragar soft 8's, Hankook Dynapro ATM/RF10tires
n8man1068 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
MudPit
2001 WJ 

Any updates on this? I'm in need of one also.
Unread 03-22-2010, 01:59 PM   #3
n8man1068
2003 WJ 

I purchased the bezel kit from the dealer, and it didn't have the template. It did have extra plastic pin things for the bumper though.
Once I got the bumper off, I hit the underside with a rag and water, and was able to see the guide marks for cutting. Used a rotozip to cut it out, and that left some raised areas from the heat, but I wasn't concerned with that. Drilled holes in the guide marks. All is well.
03 WJ IRO 3" lift, DT8000 shocks, Addco swaybars, JKS quick disconnects, IRO xfer skid, IRO adc control arms, Rola roof rack, Uniden 510xl+firestick 2, K&N drop in filter, Cragar soft 8's, Hankook Dynapro ATM/RF10tires
Unread 03-22-2010, 02:08 PM   #4
MudPit
2001 WJ 

Thank you. I just ordered mine so I 'll probably get the same thing. I'll take my bumper off soon and pray there are some markings I guess.
Unread 03-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #5
herxjhistj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Try here.. this is where i found one.... Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ - Trailer towing
His, Blue Jeep ClubMember #157 2001 Wrangler Sport -I6/Auto, dreaded 3.07's, REBB, K&N Dropin, 32X11.5 Yoko Geo AT + 2's on 15 inch Black Cragar Soft 8's w/ 4" bs, Gibson CAT back, AtoZFabrication Rockers
herxjhistj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 07:33 PM   #6
MudPit
2001 WJ 

Thanks...that's one of my fav sites. I'm going to take the bumper off soon to check.
Unread 02-23-2014, 08:55 AM   #7
noelc
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by herxjhistj View Post
Try here.. this is where i found one.... Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ - Trailer towing
The bezel installation instructions make mention of a template, but I can't find an actual downloadable template anywhere on that page.

I took my rear bumper off yesterday and cleaned it off really well. I'm 100% positive there were no guide marks showing where to drill or cut. I bought my WJ used a couple years ago so it's possible it has an aftermarket rear bumper.

Does anyone have a template I could print out? Or has anyone else been in this situation and figured out how to make their own template and cut out the opening in the rear bumper?
Unread 03-06-2014, 09:16 AM   #8
n8man1068
2003 WJ 

I'm trying to remember if there was an actual template in the bezel install kit. I remember the lines for being cut were in the bumper, but they were pretty faint.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.