High mount bull/safari bar revisited - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > High mount bull/safari bar revisited

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #31
GOVT1911
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for putting out the prints. Now I have a project for this weekend!

GOVT1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #32
Dysan
1999 WJ 

That looks sweet, and it looks like if you do some slight modification to the bracket design(provided you wouldn't mind) it could be used to just make recovery points.
Dysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 04:22 AM   #33
1BADCJ8
1982 CJ8 

Thumbs up

Very surprised this thread seems to have dies a little. ANy chance you have been able to find time to actually fab any of this up? Very professional work. I agree that it is very generous and kind of you to give up your drawings, but I completely understand the time issue. I have no time to fab anything, in-fact it would be a chore to find the time to install them.

However, if in fact you are making them I'm very interested in making a purchase. Thanks...
Unread 06-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #34
typ44
1993 ZJ 

Joined just to say thanks for the idea !

Stumbled across this when searching for mounting ideas on my zj for a Setina PB400
push bar (used on most of the west coast police cars) that I scored at my
local recycling yard for 30 bucks. I like your angle iron mount in the rails idea better than the mounts I was going to fab.
So thanks for the great idea !
typ44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 12:43 AM   #35
veiri86

2003 WJ 

You've come at the right time, currently am fabricating my flatland front bumper, but I will be adding some modifications to it as I will be using your mounting brackets idea.

Super helpful

01' 4.7 Limited WJ 5" lifted, Rubicon Express 4.5" coil springs with IRO critical path setup and Bilstien 5100 shocks all around, JKS adjustable Trackbar (KOR bushings), JKS HD tie rod (MOOG problem solver Ends), JKS HD drag link (Moog Probel solver Ends), 4.56 Yukon ring and pinion, Moog HD SSD107 Steering Stabilizer, IRO Front drive shaft conversion, Stillen slotted rotors all around with Stillen brake pads, IRO adjustable A-Arm, 3" all the way Kolak Exhaust with High flow Magnaflow Cat. Converter and Flowmaster Super 50 Muffler, 285/70R17 AT Kumho (33") on 17" BlackWheel rims 909B, K&N Cold air intake, Four nozzles Bosch injectors, and Flashpaq 3780.

03' 4.7 H.O WJ 3" lifted, OME HD with 0.5" Coil spacers and Bilstien 5100 shocks all around, JKS adjustable Trackbar (KOR bushings), Moog Problem solver TRE's, IRO Front drive shaft conversion, IRO adjustable A-Arm, High flow magnaflow mini cats, high flow magnaflow cat, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 265/65R17 AT Yokohama on 17" Rays rims, and Flashpaq 3780
veiri86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 01:25 AM   #36
CommanderWJ
2001 WJ 

I like it a lot! Love the angle iron idea, welding the heavy stuff is a PITA. Will be adapting (if you don't mind) a little as I only need recovery points at the moment.
2001 WJ 4.7 V8 Ltd QD. 2" Rough Country BB, TF QD's, Rough Country shocks, BDS Adjustable front UCA's, RC 2.2 steering damper, 245-70R17 Firestone Destination muds/ 245-75R17 Wrangler A/T's on Moab's, Flat Land non-winch steel bumper, rear sway bar removed, Power Brake matched disc and pad set. More to come!
CommanderWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #37
Howler_GT
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone.

Please feel free to modify as you need.
I would LOVE to see your variations on it. Show me what you've done. I LOVE PICS.

That personalized front license plate is now GONE as is the person whose name was on it.

GIZMO (WJ) is now my DD. Lil Red MY 94 XJ has taken his long awaited title as trail-toy (streetable) and is being such an attention-whore.

Its a Jeep...whatcha gonna do. (Statement not an actual question)

Howler_GT
Howler_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #38
mikewamsley
2004 WJ 

Wj bracket templates

i bought a bull bar online for my 04 wj and they sent the wrong brackets and wont let me return them and i was wondering if you could please send me the dimensions or templates at mikew0709@gmail.com as soon as possible thanks alot!
mikewamsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #39
fayceoff
Ninja pirate

1999 WJ 

Very nice! I have a bull bar on my Expedition (mostly just for looks) and I want a more functional one for my 99 WJ. This idea is gonna make that a lot more possible. Thanks for sharing it.
fayceoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #40
Tommy6uns
2004 WJ 

Great job.. You sharing your plans for the brackets is a great contribution to wj owners and says a lot about you. I have an ARB bumper but I felt like I needed to say thanks for sharing! Thanks.

Tommy.
Unread 08-22-2013, 11:32 PM   #41
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Has anyone received the third drawing? i pm'ed Howler, but he must be busy. He hasn't responded back yet. I would be happy if he is producing these and sells them for less than Fawkes (no disrespect intended) as they are a bit too far out of my budget.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 05:49 AM   #42
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post
...I would be happy if he is producing these and sells them for less than Fawkes (no disrespect intended) as they are a bit too far out of my budget.
No disrespect taken.

If someone is able to produce something similar commercially for under $160, more power to them (competition is a good thing). I think it's highly unlikely, as my cost ends up being just under $150.

Click to order:
WJ Stand-Alone Shackle Tabs.
WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Kits.

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Fawkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 07:32 AM   #43
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Wj

Fawkes Fawkeing Rocks!
dsc_1037.jpg  
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #44
Howler_GT
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Okay here we go....
First off, I'd like to thank everyone for the compliments.

Secondly: I do not have any brackets to sell and am not planning on fabricating any in the future (sorry).

I posted TWO of the THREE prints after reverse-engineering.
I was at the point of the third when things in my private life got thrown upside-down.
Long-story shortened:I am NOW living the bachelor-life and no longer am in possession of the WJ thusly I do not have access to the third part of the mount. And I can not make a third drawing.

IF I would come up with anything, it mostlikely would not work.

IF anyone has tackled this minor obstacle, PLEASE post up a drawing. It would be most appreciated.

Mike.

Howler_GT
Howler_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014, 08:14 AM   #45
bana121
2001 WJ 

First off I want to thank you very much for posting your plans as they've saved me a lot of time, the only question i have is what is the inside width from bracket to bracket? I have a brush guard and would like to make sure it'll fit before I make the parts. If anyone who has made these or Howler could help me out with this dimension i would be greatly appreciated. Also since i'm thinking about it, how well is the 3/8" material holding up to pulling on them, only reason i ask is due to seeing competitors using 1/2" and 3/4" material?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.