Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

HID Conversion = Success

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  ratmonkey 
#1 ·
I bought a H3 HID conversion kit with the intent of putting them in my hella black magic fog lights. The hella's had some louver's inside that prevented the longer HID bulbs from fitting. I got some cheap lights from Wal-mart and converted those instead and kept the hellas too. The results are amazing!! The HID's were lighting up the tops of trees last night on the street.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks awesome, I wanted to do the same to my hella 500's since they suck ev en with 100 watt bulbs.

Guess if they didn't fit your black magic hella's they wont fit mine either, but definitely looks good and bright as hell.

#3 ·
I saw several write-ups of hella 500 conversions online so I am not sure if the louver's are only on the black magic ones or not. It is really easy to pull the plastic back piece off and get the bulb out if you want to check.

#6 ·
Ya ill have to check, like you said maybe its just black magic that hav e louvers.

I do remember seeing a bunch of threads on hid hella's but I though since I just bought mine maybe something changed with their depth, but i'll look in to it cause if u can't then the hellas are goin to the garbage guy.

#7 ·
I hear ya. They are pretty weak as is. I just have my aimed to the sides as much as possible. Couldn't really find much other use than that.

#8 ·
I did the same,just pointed them to the sides which works better then the two small dots of light they put off in front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.