Hey guys.. still having problems.. please help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Hey guys.. still having problems.. please help!

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 12-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
dmwade05

Hey guys.. still having problems.. please help!

Hey guys.. wanna start off by saying I really appreciate the help that everyone has been giving me.. but still having trouble.. This is what is going on and what I have done so far:

What is going on:
All of my accessories stay live never shut down, and it keeps draining my battery.

What has been done:
Have looked for wiring issues.. found 1 wire cut in door jam.. repaired that.
Replaced the ignition switch.
Reset the computer.

Please someone help me!

I have a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 6 cyl. 4.0

dmwade05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2013, 02:50 AM   #2
Longdayslongnig

I believe I'm having same problem..... Had new battery and new alternator which I'm starting to think it didn't need.... But something is killing my battery while I'm driving.... Everything starts to shut down... Goes into limp mode.....
Longdayslongnig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2013, 04:03 AM   #3
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwade05 View Post
Hey guys.. wanna start off by saying I really appreciate the help that everyone has been giving me.. but still having trouble.. This is what is going on and what I have done so far:

What is going on:
All of my accessories stay live never shut down, and it keeps draining my battery.

What has been done:
Have looked for wiring issues.. found 1 wire cut in door jam.. repaired that.
Replaced the ignition switch.
Reset the computer.

Please someone help me!

I have a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 6 cyl. 4.0
Had the same prob. Turned out it was a worn ignition ....this meant the key came out in the accesory position ...as well the off position. The acc position is one notch back from off on these models (rather than the usual one notch forward)so easily done. Check that the key lines up with the notch when you pull it out. If you can pull it out in any position....like mine... its time to rebuilt/replace the ignition switch. Ill get around to it one day...its only been three years...and I dont like to rush into things!
Unread 12-03-2013, 04:27 AM   #4
Johnyre
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
Had the same prob. Turned out it was a worn ignition ....this meant the key came out in the accesory position ...as well the off position. The acc position is one notch back from off on these models (rather than the usual one notch forward)so easily done.
Same thing happened to me in my old stratus.
Johnyre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
Longdayslongnig

Been told by a crysler dealer my battery problems are linked to a transmission problem, throwing up code P0700. I believe I need to replace my transmmision Solenoid.
Longdayslongnig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
richsandwich

Start pulling fuses until that accessory power's off. Then get a wiring diagram of that circuit and go to town.
richsandwich is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #7
dmwade05

I pulled my fuse 29 and everything works the way that it should now.. the fuse 29 is the rear wiper / motor. So I am going to tackle that soon.. With everything working right my wife said that she is satisfied with no rear wiper for the moment. I am satisfied because the battery isn't draining any longer. Thank you everyone for the help!!!
dmwade05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 06:29 AM   #8
richsandwich

easy peasy
richsandwich is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #9
Johnyre
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwade05 View Post
I pulled my fuse 29 and everything works the way that it should now.. the fuse 29 is the rear wiper / motor. So I am going to tackle that soon.. With everything working right my wife said that she is satisfied with no rear wiper for the moment. I am satisfied because the battery isn't draining any longer. Thank you everyone for the help!!!
Check the wiring going to the back door as well
Johnyre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.