help with a problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > help with a problem

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
dnovack2007
2001 WJ 

help with a problem

Ive been having alot of problems with coolant loss. The hud will say low coolant and the tank is low. Pressure tested the cap and it wasnt good so i replaced it. No visable leaks and pressure tested the system and it checked out ok. Now today i went to pick up my kids from my moms and its about a 4 1/2 mile drive the low coolant warning came on so when i got there the tank was low again. Topped it off and let it idle for a min at temp. Thats when i noticed water and steam dripping out the exhaust. Now possible gasket or cracked head? Heres a short video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3Pz...e_gdata_player

dnovack2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
berndog67
2003 WJ 

clear water isnt a problem, but if the 4.0's fill like 4.7's then u probably have coolant in the rad but not the engine, the 4.7's are supposed to be filled through the bleed fitting, or by jacking it up on the passenger side, so the coolant can get from the rad to the engine, check to see if the manual shows the 4.0's are being filled the same way, if so there's your problem, and never drive any vehicle any distance with little or no coolant, saving a time or work now with coolant problems will inevitably cost thousands later, dont ask me how i know!
2003 WJ Overland, 4.7HO, D30 & D44A (1 tons going in now!), RC Long Arm, lifted 4" Front 6" Rear, RC 2.2 4" Shocks, JKS track bar, custom hi-steer, 35" Procomp M/T's on JK rims, beefed up Overland rock rails, custom skids and dif gaurds, Rugged Ridge 8500 synthetic winch in custom hidden mount
berndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #3
dnovack2007
2001 WJ 

The only thing i thought was strange that it was up to temp and it was steaming out the tail pipe and water as well. I did check the rad is filled to the top and the resivor is full as well. I did notice the thermostat housing is seeping a little tho. I think ill replace that the thermostat and flush the block rad and heater core and start there.
dnovack2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.