HELP please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > HELP please

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 06-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
Mchammer
1999 WJ 

HELP please

Hey guys I have a 99 grand Cherokee Laredo. It's all time 4x4. I don't know much about mechanical work which is why I need help! When I turn the steering wheel it pops really bad. It also pops when driving down the road. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mchammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
lazyWJ
2002 WJ 

Does it pop when you turn the wheel while you're stationary or moving? It sounds CV/driveshaft related but some more details would be helpful. Do you have Quadra Drive or Quadra Trac II?
McHammer eh? I used to know a McHammer back in my younger years. That guy was too legit.
"Bought, Not Built"
lazyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
Mchammer
1999 WJ 

It's a qaudeatrac2 and no it's only does it once the vehicle stars moving. After about 55 mph it doesn't do it very bad but still pops a little. But the harder you turn the steering it starts popping really bad. Thanks for the help!
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
tjl1388

Sounds like the rezeppa(sp?) joint going bad on the front driveshaft.
tjl1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 03:26 AM   #5
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Remove the front driveshaft. Does it still do it? If yes, then check your CV axle shafts. If no, then it's most likely the driveshaft, either the rezeppa joint(s) or ujoints, depending on what type of driveshaft it is. If it is the rezeppa type, is the boot on the t-case side rippped open? You'll usually hear a fairly loud humming if it is that joint as well.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #6
Mchammer
1999 WJ 

thanks for the help, ill check it out and keep you posted(:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.