Help with overhead console, buttons not working! - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-26-2017, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Nerd766

Help with overhead console, buttons not working!

Hello, fellow Jeep friends!! I have a recently bought 2000 WJ and I was wonder if anyone could help me with my overhead console. I will try to attach a photo but if not, the console itsel just has (from left to right) the buttons 'C/T', Reset, Step, Menu. All buttons don't work except the Menu button. I've read through different forums but can't find the solution. As I press the Menu button, it allows me to choose through different options but I can't press any of buttons to change the settings. Anyone else have this problem??? Any suggestions would be amazing!

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5265_1506452370035.JPG  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-26-2017, 02:11 PM
Double E
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I would start by pulling down that assembly and seeing if it is connected at the back correctly. IIRC, there is a single screw (torx-type?) towards the back that you can remove to pull down the console.
I would also get the upgraded console that has the garage door opener in it. A junkyard or members here usually have them.

'04 Freedom Edition HO & '04 Overland HO (previous '00 Laredo 4.7)
post #3 of 6 Old 09-26-2017, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Nerd766

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double E View Post
I would start by pulling down that assembly and seeing if it is connected at the back correctly. IIRC, there is a single screw (torx-type?) towards the back that you can remove to pull down the console.
I would also get the upgraded console that has the garage door opener in it. A junkyard or members here usually have them.
Thanks for the suggestion! Would you know if this would be a direct plug in? Do I need to alter or add anything else? Is my vehicle set to connect to the upgraded console? Sorry, I'm a Jeep noob.

post #4 of 6 Old 09-26-2017, 07:38 PM
wolf_7669
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerd766 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion! Would you know if this would be a direct plug in? Do I need to alter or add anything else? Is my vehicle set to connect to the upgraded console? Sorry, I'm a Jeep noob.
It should be a direct swap with no modification. The other console just has a universal garage door transmitter built in.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-27-2017, 05:51 AM
Double E
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Yes. Direct swap. I did it recently.

All jeep noobs must go read www.wjjeeps.com

For example, on my Freedom edition, apparently it is called that because it is "free" from all options of convenience aside from some rock rails, the 4.7HO and chrome tow hooks.
It's a weird package but at least Jeep made it pretty easy to add stuff you actually want back in.

'04 Freedom Edition HO & '04 Overland HO (previous '00 Laredo 4.7)
post #6 of 6 Old 10-05-2017, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Nerd766

Thank you all for your assistance! This forum is amazing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.