Help me please. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Help me please.

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 11-24-2013, 04:29 AM   #1
Spartan680

Wj Help me please.

OK i have a 2003 WJ and my heat turns on and blows hot air but it wont change from defrost to anything else. and also when i turn the dial from high to low the back light well be off i turn it on and off again and the light comes back on not sure if that's part of the problem or not. at one time i would hammer down on the gas pedal and then let off and it would start to blow air out of the vents so im thinking its a vacuum problem not to sure. also it started doing it after i took it to jeep dealership to get a cam job done so im not to sure if they did something to it or not. its starting to get cold so i need to figure this out. i hope someone can help me thanks..

Spartan680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 04:44 AM   #2
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

What engine do you have? I had the 4.0 and this happened to me once. It is probably a vacuum hose off of the eng. On the 4.0 look on the drivers side of the eng at the intake manifold about the middle of the eng (around the 3 or 4 cylinder area). That is where I found my problem. You might be able start it up and hear a sucking sound. If not there then check all around and even under the dash for a vacuum line that is either off or broke/cracked.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 05:39 AM   #3
Spartan680

i have a 4.0. and thanks for the help i will check it in the morning!
Unread 11-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Definitely a vacuum leak. The lighting is a separate issue.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

KCCO
ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #5
Spartan680

so i checked around the eng and didnt see anything that looked out of place. gonna have a buddy help me look into it more tomorrow i dont know to much about cars

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.