Help - engine install (ugh) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Help - engine install (ugh)

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-13-2013, 06:10 AM   #1
MiniCwik

Wj Help - engine install (ugh)

I am hoping for some assistance, installed rebuilt 4.0 engine over the course of the past few weekends into a 2000 WJ Laredo. I have some issues;
  1. 2 - 2 prong female connectors from wiring harness
  2. 1 - vacuum line on back side of intake manifold
  3. No crank, as soon as I turn key over everything turns off (and the tach and speedo guages do some weird rotation
  4. What plugs into the pictured A/C line?
  5. Message on OHD "open circuit"
  6. Where exactly does the crankshaft position sensor go?

I am very excited to get this Jeep rolling again, and appreciate any assistance, thank you!

img-20130512-01133.jpg   img-20130512-01134.jpg   img-20130512-01135.jpg   img-20130512-01139.jpg   img-20130512-01138.jpg  

MiniCwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

You need the crank sensor installed to try and start it... Did it not have a motor when you got the jeep? Did you not label where everything goes?

Crank sensor is on drivers side of the transmission bell housing by the block.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #3
MiniCwik

Thanks ratmonkey, this was an engine swap ... I did not label all of the plugs (learning experience for sure). I will look to getting that installed/connected before the next crank. I have read this is easier accessed from underneath the carpet so will try that out.
Unread 05-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

under the carpet? there's no way to get to it from inside the cab. shouldn't be hard to reach from under the vehicle.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

CKP is easy enough. Did you figure out what plugs go where? That shouldn't be too hard. The guages moving up and down indicates a dead/weak battery. Try charging it before you get everything done.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #6
MiniCwik

Thanks 99WJ and ratmonkey, I was in Columbus for RoTR all weekend and will be getting back at the Jeep this weekend.

I have read on other links that you can access the CKP from behind the carpet under the pedals since it is at the bellhousing, can anyone confirm if this is or is not true?

I know from what I bought that I could not see the sensor easily the last time I checked around for it.

I have also been reviewing the FSM on these left over plug connections but am unsure, as one looks like it would plug into the A/C line but is about a good foot short ... must have a similar plug plugged into something that it shouldn't be and then this one is supposed to go there.

Any ideas on what the vaccuum line on the back of the intake manifold is supposed to connect to?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.